Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCA159 Flume?

Explorer

Good moorning,

For the CCA Data Analyst Exam (CCA159) is required the knowledge of Flume?

The are questions or problems to solve with Flume?

Thanks a lot,

Mary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

I think this part of the certification page may be helpful as to why the documentation is available. I added bold for emphasis on the sentence that applies here. 

Exam Question Format

You are given eight to twelve customer problems with a unique large data set, a CDH cluster, and 120 minutes. For each problem, you must implement a technical solution with a high degree of precision that meets all the requirements. You may use any tool or combination of tools on the cluster (see list below) -- you get to pick the tool(s) that are right for the job. You must possess enough knowledge to analyze the problem and arrive at an optimal approach given the time allowed. You need to know what you should do and then do it on a live cluster, including a time limit and while being watched by a proctor.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

Hi Mary,

I suggest reading over the CCA Data Analyst Exam (CCA159) page as it lists out the required skills and has a sample question.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Hi,

Flume is in the required skills but its documentation is available during the exam?

Why the documentation is available if it is useless?

Mary

Community Manager

I think this part of the certification page may be helpful as to why the documentation is available. I added bold for emphasis on the sentence that applies here. 

Exam Question Format

You are given eight to twelve customer problems with a unique large data set, a CDH cluster, and 120 minutes. For each problem, you must implement a technical solution with a high degree of precision that meets all the requirements. You may use any tool or combination of tools on the cluster (see list below) -- you get to pick the tool(s) that are right for the job. You must possess enough knowledge to analyze the problem and arrive at an optimal approach given the time allowed. You need to know what you should do and then do it on a live cluster, including a time limit and while being watched by a proctor.