New Contributor

CCAH Training SOCKS5 proxy connection refused

I followed the CCAH Training a couple of weeks ago and I'd like to prepare the certification exam.

I'm trying to review the training course material and to redo the exercises. I've setup a cluster in Amazon AWS following the instructions, I add some more details below on my settings. I've been able to connect to the 5 instances of the cluster via ssh (using the scripts in the VM), done most of the networking configuration, but when I get an error when I try to start the SOCKS5 proxy (this is to communicate the local VM with the instances in the cluster).

The error is:

channel X: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

(it appears many times for channels 2, 3, 4)

Looking at the content of start_SOCKS5_proxy.sh and at stackoverflow, this seems to be doing a ssh tunneling from port 443 to port 80 in the cluster

sudo ssh -p 443 -D 80 -g training@elephant

and the error should mean that in the remote side there is nothing in port 80? (Although honestly I cannot really make sense of my own interpretation).

I've terminated the EC2 cluster and deployed it again, tried several rules in the security group, I guess the right configuration should be something like this:

HTTP
TCP
0.0.0.0/0
All traffic
All
All
<security group id>
SSH
TCP
0.0.0.0/0
HTTPS
TCP
0.0.0.0/0

althogh I've also tried with a "allow-all" configuration

All traffic
All
All
0.0.0.0/0

and I've come to believe that the problem is not in the EC2 security group.

I've also reviewed the VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) and the subnet of the cluster, but everything looks fine (to my limited understanding).

I would really appreciate any help. Not sure about how feasible it is to prepare the exam with the "cloudera live" VM, but I'm going to try anyway.

Thanks!

FMF
New Contributor

Re: CCAH Training SOCKS5 proxy connection refused

Hi,

It's happened because agent was started before server service.

1) Stop server on lion - > sudo service cloudera-scm-server stop

2) For each server stop agent (lion, monkey, elephant, horse and tiger) -> sudo service cloudera-scm-agent stop

3) Start server on lion -> sudo service cloudera-scm-server start

4) For each server start agent (lion, monkey, elephant, horse and tiger) -> sudo service cloudera-scm-agent start

I thinl it will solve your issue.

Kind regards,

Fábio Mariano Ferreira