Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCD-410 Practice test

Explorer

Hi Team,

Regarding CCD-410 Practice Test ( http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccdh/practice.html ), I have following questions:

1. As the actual exam pattern recently changed, is the practice exam following the same pattern to ensure that the topic/depth coverage reflects the actual exam and can give the fair idea about the exam readiness ?

2. There are 60 questions in practice test and subscription will be for 180 days. If during these 180 days, if pattern again changes, will the changes get applied to practice test as well? If yes, will I get email notification?

3. During my subscription, if I retake this practice test, will it be same 60 question or its kind of pool of questions and I can expect new question in reattempts. 

Regards,

Joy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Joy,

inline:

1. As the actual exam pattern recently changed, is the practice exam following the same pattern to ensure that the topic/depth coverage reflects the actual exam and can give the fair idea about the exam readiness ?

[answer] Yes, we think so. The practice test is based on the same objectives as the high stakes exam and includes rationales and explanations of those objectives. In order to ensure integrity in the exam, and because we see items shared online frequently on test cheating sites, we change the exam every month (roughly 10-20%) but it's based on the same objectives and the practice test always gets changed first (the month previous). 

The exam changes were also based on the forensics we see where people try and learn the test rather than learn the skills and knowledge critical to successful Hadoop development. As such, the test goes quite keep into sythesizing ideas and concepts that aren't easily learned from a book without, of course, hands-on experience. The practice test tries to point the way in the rationales to learn those ideas, but hands-on experience, understanding code, being able to identify what's happening in a job, combined with the practice test is still the best way to prepare.

2. There are 60 questions in practice test and subscription will be for 180 days. If during these 180 days, if pattern again changes, will the changes get applied to practice test as well? If yes, will I get email notification?

[answer] We're adding 10 new items each month to the practice test in 2014. You start with 60-70 and get 10 fresh each month. We don't email out when changes occur as we add whenever we can. If we find someone has shared an item from the test on LinkedIn or a test cheating site, we kill the item from the high stakes test and move it to the production test and replace it with another around the same concept but uncompromised.

3. During my subscription, if I retake this practice test, will it be same 60 question or its kind of pool of questions and I can expect new question in reattempts. 

[answer] I think the above applies here. Right now, there are 60. I'm about to add 10 this week and maybe 30 in the next two weeks as I have a backlog now of new items. So soon, you'll have 80 and we're aiming to add 10 new ones each month until we have 120-150 by mid-year. The "magic" though isn't in gaming or learning or practicing on lots of items, it's on the concepts. Not that items aren't important but we're growing that as the ecosystem grows, as CDH5 releases etc. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Master Collaborator

Joy,

inline:

1. As the actual exam pattern recently changed, is the practice exam following the same pattern to ensure that the topic/depth coverage reflects the actual exam and can give the fair idea about the exam readiness ?

[answer] Yes, we think so. The practice test is based on the same objectives as the high stakes exam and includes rationales and explanations of those objectives. In order to ensure integrity in the exam, and because we see items shared online frequently on test cheating sites, we change the exam every month (roughly 10-20%) but it's based on the same objectives and the practice test always gets changed first (the month previous). 

The exam changes were also based on the forensics we see where people try and learn the test rather than learn the skills and knowledge critical to successful Hadoop development. As such, the test goes quite keep into sythesizing ideas and concepts that aren't easily learned from a book without, of course, hands-on experience. The practice test tries to point the way in the rationales to learn those ideas, but hands-on experience, understanding code, being able to identify what's happening in a job, combined with the practice test is still the best way to prepare.

[answer] We're adding 10 new items each month to the practice test in 2014. You start with 60-70 and get 10 fresh each month. We don't email out when changes occur as we add whenever we can. If we find someone has shared an item from the test on LinkedIn or a test cheating site, we kill the item from the high stakes test and move it to the production test and replace it with another around the same concept but uncompromised.

[answer] I think the above applies here. Right now, there are 60. I'm about to add 10 this week and maybe 30 in the next two weeks as I have a backlog now of new items. So soon, you'll have 80 and we're aiming to add 10 new ones each month until we have 120-150 by mid-year. The "magic" though isn't in gaming or learning or practicing on lots of items, it's on the concepts. Not that items aren't important but we're growing that as the ecosystem grows, as CDH5 releases etc. 

Explorer

Thanks Brad for explaining in details, it clarifies all my doubts.

Explorer

Hi Brad,

I bought and did the practice test for CCDH-410. Once completed, I got the detailed explanation of each question. In one of the question (Q.34), I am not convienced with the explanation. To confirm, I tested the same with the MR program and the explanation does not match with the output of the code.

I believe I am not suppose the share that on public forum, Could you please advise where I can post/email the question and doubt.

Many Thanks,

Joy

Expert Contributor

Joy,

Hmmm...  That's interesting.  I'll check it out and let you know what's going on.

Daniel

Master Collaborator
joy-
send a screenshot of the item to certification@cloudera.com and we'll look at it. because the items are scrambled, q.34 differs each time.

thanks

Explorer

Hi Brad,

I sent an email to certification@cloudera.com with details, Thanks in advance.

-Joy

Expert Contributor

Joy,

I took a look at the item in question, and you're partially correct.  The rationale for why that answer is wrong is incorrect, but that answer is still wrong.  The correct rationale is the same as the rationale for why B is wrong, except that the error is in the reducer.

When you wrote your test code, I assume you either automatically fixed the error, or you used Hadoop streaming, in which case the error will not appear.

If any of that is unclear, let me know, and we can take it offline.

Thanks for catching that!

Daniel

Explorer

Got it Daniel, Thanks.

Also I have such doubts for few other questions as well, I will send an email and let you know.

Explorer

Hi Daniel,

I dropped an email, please check. Thanks