Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCP Data Engineer (DE575) : Course outline

Explorer

Hi,

Can you please provide more information on the below line item.

• Convert data from one set of values to another (e.g., Lat/Long to Postal Address using an external library) 

I have taken this from course outline for DE575. Just wondering wht is the objective for this line item. I am assuming this is to test the knowledge on whether someone can use the external library to make the desired transformation. External library reference should be provided in the question.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

It means two things.  First, there is a section of the required skills labelled Transform, Stage, Store.  The exams will definitely focus on converting on thing to another, either through changing file formats or changing the records themself.  Second, you are correct. If we give you a library, you should know how the tool you are using will allow you to use it.  Any external library will be provided to you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Super Collaborator

It means two things.  First, there is a section of the required skills labelled Transform, Stage, Store.  The exams will definitely focus on converting on thing to another, either through changing file formats or changing the records themself.  Second, you are correct. If we give you a library, you should know how the tool you are using will allow you to use it.  Any external library will be provided to you.

Explorer

Thanks for your quick response.

New Contributor
Hello There, I had a question on the same lines.
Will the external Library be provided for all the technologies. For example: I want to use HIVE and not PIG, shall I expect that library in HIVE as well..
If the library is provided for just PIG, then indirectly I am coerced to PIG as I cannot use HIVE there.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks

Super Collaborator

In the case of an external library, no.  We are trying to give you flexibility to solve the problems in whatever way that you see fit, but since there may be dozens of ways to solve the problem, there is no way that we could provide a dozen different versions of the library.  

For example, if the objective we are trying to test is your ability to use a UDFs, then you will need to use a tool that supports UDFs, such as Hive or Impala.

New Contributor

what courses does cloudera offer to prepare for the DE575 exam?  there is the developer training course, part I, which is mentioned here:

http://university.cloudera.com/instructor-led-training/developer-training-for-spark-and-hadoop-i

this post mentions a part II but i can't find any information about it.

does the dev. training course provide information on everything needed to pass the exam?  it looks like the exam requirements include parquet, avro, and oozie but these aren't mentioned in the syllabus.  i really don't want to spend so much $$$ of my own money on courses that don't provide essential information that is being tested.

Super Collaborator

The CCA-175 exam is the Developer exam and maps to the Developer training:  http://www.cloudera.com/content/dam/www/static/documents/datasheets/developer-training-for-spark-and...

The DE-575 exam is our Data Engineering exam.  It includes topics that are coved in the Big Data Applications course: http://www.cloudera.com/content/dam/cloudera/Resources/PDF/Datasheet/Cloudera_Training_Designing-and...

I would like to point out that the DE-575 is a CCP (Cloudera Certified Professional) exam.  That means that it is our mastery level exam in the developer track.  It is meant for people that have industry knowledge and exerience working in the field; we do not provide a prep-course for taking that exam.

New Contributor
ok. thanks very much for the clarification and the quick response.