Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDH 5.5 QuickStart VM via Docker having issues accepting Phoenix parcel.

Explorer

Hello,

I downloaded Cloudera QuickStart VM CDH 5.5 and brought it up and running.

Later I tried using Apache Phoenix parcel as mentioned in the blogpost here

https://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/11/new-apache-phoenix-4-5-2-package-from-cloudera-labs/

However after choosing parcel version 1.2, finally at the distribution level, I got following error

"Dependency not satisfied for release CLABS_PHOENIX(4.5.2-1.clabs_phoenix1.2.0.p0.774): CDH (at least 5.5)."

Any idea why is this error coming since I am already on CDH 5.5 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hello,

This is what worked for me.

Increased the Region Server heap size it to 500 MiB, redeployed client configuration and restarted HBase.

I was able to get sql line phoenix script working for me.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Guru

Your best bet to figure out why it's failing is to check the log for the RegionServer role. Click on the HBase service and down the left hand side you'll see the RegionServer. You'll want to open that, go to the "Processes" tab, and the click "See Role Log Details". Most recent messages will be at the bottom, and my guess is the error should be in the last few entries. (I might be missing a link or tab or something in that navigation - hopefully this is clear enough for you to find it!)

Guru

One possibility to have in mind is memory issues. The VM is a very compact environment, and it only gets tested with fairly small demo datasets. If you've loaded other data into HBase prior to trying to access it via Phoenix, you might need to do some tweaking of memory configuration in HBase or add more memory to the VM to get it to work as reliably as it ordinarily would.

Explorer
No data has been loaded yet to HBASE

Explorer

I do not see any errors in the logs, Region Server Logs are full of just INFO statements, no ERROR, FATAL etc. There were couple of benign WARNs

I tried to follow the steps mentioned in the 

http://search-hadoop.com/m/9UY0h2NwOxFS0iIc&subj=Re+Re+CANNOT+connect+to+Phoenix+in+CDH+5+5+1

And kept having issues with query

hbase(main):001:0> disable 'SYSTEM.SEQUENCE'

ERROR: Connection refused

Here is some help for this command:
Start disable of named table:
hbase> disable 't1'
hbase> disable 'ns1:t1'

Please help.

Explorer

Hello,

This is what worked for me.

Increased the Region Server heap size it to 500 MiB, redeployed client configuration and restarted HBase.

I was able to get sql line phoenix script working for me.