Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Certification] Has CCP data scientist certification been discontinued?

New Contributor

Hi All,

Does anyone know if CCP data scientist certification has been discontinued? I am not able to find it on Cloudera website. Thanks.

Regards,

Alok Verma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Effective immediately, we are phasing out CCP Data Scientist. We will continue to work with those candidates who have passed one of the exams to allow them to complete their evaluation but will no longer accept new candidates.

The data science field continues to see rapid change and growth. You’ll hear exciting product announcements from Cloudera in the weeks ahead with the intent to make data science workloads run more easily on Cloudera Enterprise, and to reach out to a broader data science community than the ones for whom this program was designed. We will continue to invest in substantial curriculum updates to reflect the changing product and market dynamics, and we’ll continually evaluate whether and when we should bring to market a redesigned certification at a future date.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Super Collaborator

Effective immediately, we are phasing out CCP Data Scientist. We will continue to work with those candidates who have passed one of the exams to allow them to complete their evaluation but will no longer accept new candidates.

The data science field continues to see rapid change and growth. You’ll hear exciting product announcements from Cloudera in the weeks ahead with the intent to make data science workloads run more easily on Cloudera Enterprise, and to reach out to a broader data science community than the ones for whom this program was designed. We will continue to invest in substantial curriculum updates to reflect the changing product and market dynamics, and we’ll continually evaluate whether and when we should bring to market a redesigned certification at a future date.

New Contributor
Regret to hear this annoucement, just prepared some days to pass this DS certificate. Hope to see the new certification program soon!

New Contributor

Hi,

I registered for the ds700 exam in November and I have not yet written the exams. I plan to write the exams in June or July this year. However, since you have cancelled the certification, how can I get my refund. Who should I contact to get a refund?

Thanks

Michael Owonibi

Community Manager

Thank you for asking @owonibi. You would need to email certification@cloudera.com for assistance with your request. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hello,  I have ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED $$  of my own money held up now on this. I have been planning to take the exams in the Fall and have three of the $600 vouchers.

I was given NO NOTIFICATION (let alone warning!) of this change .    When I went to a page to sign up I started to get 404's. THAT was when I found out.

How do I find out what to do now??

Community Manager

@javadba You can email certification@cloudera.com to reach the team that can discuss your options. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor
Hi,

I have registered for the DS700 exam in January and I have not yet written the exams. I was planning to write the exam in September this year. Cloudera has already phased out the certification, how can I get my refund. I have sent couple of emails on this to certification@cloudera.com and there is no response yet. How to proceed further any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Ravisankar M

New Contributor

You’ll hear exciting product announcements from Cloudera in the weeks ahead 

like how many week?

New Contributor
no please don't disconnect it i want to give this exam