New Contributor

Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

I tried to change cloudera java version from quickstart latest (5.7) docker container.

I created a new Dockerfile and set JAVA_HOME to 1.8 but I noticed that it was not enough so also included JAVA_HOME in bigtoputils and scm server files and then I started the container again and noticed that all cloudera services were running with 1.8 so I thought that was all right...Until I run cloudera manager and saw that yarn and hdfs services (nodemanager, resource manager, ...) were stopped with errors...

If I restart yarn, resource manager, nodemanager or hdfs services I get errors so it's impossible to run any...

The error is that the port from each service is busy so they can't start neither stop. What I see is that cloudera starts each with java 1.8 but after that, is not able to stop and start them. The daemons of each service keep running...

Any help?
Cloudera Employee

Re: Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

Hey @jene, one of our engineers ( Dima Spivak) has written a beautiful blog about the same.

https://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2016/08/multi-node-clusters-with-cloudera-quickstart-for-docker/

Hope this helps you.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

Hi! Thanks for that note.

I m not sure that it may fix the issue. This is a guide to create a multinode cluster but in fact what I need is to resolve services status issues in my quickstart docker node (not a cluster).

Thanks anyway :)