Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

DE575: Data Engineer Exam - Updates

New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know the roadmap for Cloudera to update the version of their exams.

Current CDH version has long being upgraded but it seems like the exams is not doing same. The current documentation for DE575 shows the exam cluster still running CDH5.3.2 with Spark 1.2 - now that is outdated.

I took the DE575 exams 2 months ago and was the sparks exam was still using SchemaRDD and not DataFrame. It was not too surprising as the documentation already stated that.

I would like to retake the exam but only when the exam clusters have been upgrade.

Any news or info around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

I stand corrected. I double checked with the certification team and they are working on a new cluster now based on 5.8/5.9 to be added near the start of next year. Thanks

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

New Contributor

Can anyone answer this question ?

Community Manager

Since the exam is based on the major release of CDH 5 I wouldn't expect any changes until CDH 6 at this point. I can ask the certification team to be sure though if you would like.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Of course I will Jervis.

Expecting the response.

Community Manager

I stand corrected. I double checked with the certification team and they are working on a new cluster now based on 5.8/5.9 to be added near the start of next year. Thanks

Explorer

Hi Jervis,

Do you have any update on this discussion. When is Cloudera going to update the exam environement of CDH 5.3.2 to higher version like 5.8 or 5.9.

Thanks,

Satya

Community Manager

Great question, I'll check with the certification team ans see what I can find out. 

Community Manager

Ok, here is what I have learned. Each testing environment is being updated individually and this is not an all at once type of change. The updates are currently in process but I am unable to provide a timetable on when each exam environment will be updated. You will need to check the individual webpage for each exam on Cloudera.com for changes.  

Explorer

That's a great news. I will check CCP page for the update.

Could you please tell the test environment is getting updated with which CDH version.

-Satya

Community Manager

The target version is CDH 5.9 but each exam has its own environment to be updated. I've been told that DE575 is further down the list so it will take longer before that one is updated.