Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does Cloudera Certs get retired?

Explorer

I wanted to know if any time soon the CCA-410 will retired?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

I'm sorry, I mistook your question. Yes, CDH4 exams (CCA-410) will EOL in early 2015, prior to the EOM of CDH4 in June.

I thought your question was about the certification, not the specific exam.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Collaborator

The policy is on our website and I've copied the relevant info below. If you passed CCA-410, you're certified on CDH4 which end-of-maintenances on June 15, 2015. You'll stay certified on CDH4, it's just that CDH4 may not be what employers want at that time. Regardless, it shows that at a point in time you showed a level of knowledge and mastery and one assumes you have continued to build your skills and mastery and that's what matters. We recommend you recertify on the current versions of course, in order to stay current. This is why we offer lower-priced upgrade exams.

If you want to see when distributions retire, see http://www.cloudera.com/content/support/en/support-info/support-lifecycle-policy.html

http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/policies.html

Certification Expiration Policy

• Once an individual achieves a certification, that certification does not expire. The certification path, or the test(s) that lead to that certification may retire, but the certification remains valid at the level and version obtained by the individual.
  • Some Cloudera Certifications are aligned to a specific release of CDH (Cloudera's Distribution including Apache Hadoop). Because the Apache Hadoop ecosystem is dynamic, we recommend that individuals keep their certifications current with CDH releases.
  • Any individual who has passed a Cloudera Certification exam prior to May 1, 2012 is considered CDH3-certified.

Explorer

awesome thank you! that is helpful. I wanted to know because management wanted a bunch of employees to get certified right away in version 4 since they said in january version 4 is out for testing and cant get certified in it. I found that to be a little fishy and wanted to verify.

Master Collaborator

I'm sorry, I mistook your question. Yes, CDH4 exams (CCA-410) will EOL in early 2015, prior to the EOM of CDH4 in June.

I thought your question was about the certification, not the specific exam.

Explorer

oh so it is true. Do you know exactly when in next year? I want to take the chance at it before it goes away.

Master Collaborator

Feb 1

New Contributor

Is there now a CCD-510 exam (and practice test) available? The exam page:

http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccdh.html

shows CCD-410. Thanks

Master Collaborator
Not sure if I’m answering your question:
- do certifications retire? Sure. We haven’t yet retired one but a certification program can retire if the market changes and we need to end or change a program. I’m using the term certification to mean a certification not an exam.

- do exams retire? Yes, but CCD-410 is current to C5. There is not, nor will there be a CCD-5x exam.