Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does Quickstart VM CDH 5.13 has Kafka?

New Contributor

Hi,

I have recently downlaod QuickStart VM 5.13 and trying some samples for CCA 175 in Kafka but I can't seems to find Kafka installed...

Do I need to do anything extra to get kafka?

Appreciate your guidance.

Regards,

Vin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

@vinaymakhijani,

You can view the requirements in the Release Notes.  So you don't have to click through the requirements, the table of versions of CDH that support the current release of Kafka may be found under Kafka Client Versions Used by Apache Flume in CDH.  The minium version supported on CDH 5.13 is Kafka 2.0.2, so you may use the latest release (3.1).

Kafka is a newer addition to the components provided and supported by Cloudera.  As such, it has not been bundled into CDH and the QuickStart VM.

David Wilder, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@VinayM,

Kafka is not included in the Quickstart VM.  It has to be installed as a separate parcel.  See our documentation about Installing, Migrating and Upgrading CDK Powered By Apache Kafka.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

@denloe

Thanks and Sorry, I am struggling to find out which Kafka version to use for QuickStart VM CDH 5.13

This is the page I end up in and I could not figure out CDH version to Kafka version table...

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/kafka/latest/topics/kafka_packaging.html#concept_fzg_phl_br

if Kafka is part of certification then why it was included in QuickStart VM, isn't it makes life easy for everyone?

Community Manager

@vinaymakhijani,

You can view the requirements in the Release Notes.  So you don't have to click through the requirements, the table of versions of CDH that support the current release of Kafka may be found under Kafka Client Versions Used by Apache Flume in CDH.  The minium version supported on CDH 5.13 is Kafka 2.0.2, so you may use the latest release (3.1).

Kafka is a newer addition to the components provided and supported by Cloudera.  As such, it has not been bundled into CDH and the QuickStart VM.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Thank you.

it would be good if it comes as integrated with QuickStart VM for the future release.