TFB
New Contributor

Exercise 3 Only getting 180k records in the tokenized_access_logs table

No errors running the table creation scripts in the tutorial. Is it possible the access.log.2 file on my VM image is corrupt? Also, cloudera user is denied query, data browse, etc. permissiions on the intermediate_access_logs table in Hue.

Permission denied: user=cloudera access=write

Cloudera Employee

Re: Exercise 3 Only getting 180k records in the tokenized_access_logs table

The reference to 20M records is a misprint - 180k is correct. This tutorial is also shared with Cloudera Live, where you can try a larger cloud cluster instead. Smaller samples of the datasets are included in the QuickStart VM.

>> cloudera user is denied query

I'll look into this. Which version of the VM are you running? 5.3.0, or 5.4.0? Are you also unable to query tokenized_access_logs, or is this preventing you from even creating that table in the first place?

TFB
New Contributor

Thanks for the response

Using 5.30 build #155

No issues querying, etc. the tokenized_access_logs table.

Cloudera Employee

Okay - in 5.3.0 there was a little bug in the way Hue did permissions, I think, which is why the creation of those tables was done in Beeline instead. 5.4.0 shouldn't have an issue like this.

I'd suggest trying to query that intermediate table using the beeline shell, invoked that same way as in the tutorial when it was created. Alternately, you may be able to solve this by loosening the permissions on intermediate_access_logs, with 'sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod +r /user/hive/warehouse/intermediate_access_logs'.

Highlighted
TFB
New Contributor

I am running into more of these permissions issues on the 5.3 VM image.

Root is denied permissions on some tmp directories when running fsck commands to delete corrupt blocks.

Is there any easy way to upgrade my image to 5.4? I installed Oracle BDD on this image and built some analytic apps so I would  prefer to upgrade Cloudera

rather than lose this work.

Thanks

Announcements