Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Feedback and Re-Submissions of Completed Portions During CCP: Data Engineer Exam

Contributor

The website states that the Exam Question Format is as follows:

You are given 5 to 8 customer problems each with a unique, large data set, a 7-node high performance CDH5 cluster, and 4 hours (240 minutes).

For each problem, you must implement a technical solution with a high degree of precision that meets all the requirements.

You may use any tool or combination of tools on the cluster (see list below) -- you get to pick the tool(s) that are right for the job.

You must possess enough industry knowledge to analyze the problem and arrive at an optimal approach given the time allowed.

You need to know what you should do and then do it on a live cluster under rigorous conditions, including a time limit and while being watched by a proctor.

I have a couple of questions about this:

Question 1 - as we complete each section, do we get immediate feedback if that portion is correct and complete or do we get the feedback at the end of the 4 hours?

Question 2 - if everything is completed and submitted but some of it is incorrect but we still have sufficient time left, do we get to fix it and re-submit before 240 minutes is up?

Question 3 - based on your response to question 1 and 2, how many times can the solutions be resubmitted within the 240-minute time limit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

1) The exam is graded only after the four hours is up or you chose to end the exam early.  The exact model for when your scores will be delivered is still being determined. Once the beta period is over you will most likely be notified with an hour or two.

2) You will not find out if anything is incorrect until after the exam is ended.

3) There will be no resubmits.

Devon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rising Star

1) The exam is graded only after the four hours is up or you chose to end the exam early.  The exact model for when your scores will be delivered is still being determined. Once the beta period is over you will most likely be notified with an hour or two.

2) You will not find out if anything is incorrect until after the exam is ended.

3) There will be no resubmits.

Devon

Contributor

Hi Devon.

Thank you for your response; that makes sense.

I was under the assumption that the beta period was over since the price has gone back to $400.00 from $300.00

https://university.cloudera.com/content/DE575

Do you have an update as to when the beta period will be over?

There is no indication on the sign up page that the exam is still in beta.

New Contributor

Hi ,

I am also planning for this exam. Do you have any sample question set available ??

Thanks,

Sunil

@Qloudera wrote:

Hi Devon.

I was under the assumption that the beta period was over since the price has gone back to $400.00 from $300.00

@Qloudera wrote:

Hi Devon.

Rising Star

Hi Sunil,

Here is a link to the Data Engineer exam: http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccp-data-engineer.html

There is a sample question at the bottom of this link if you scroll down. 

Thanks,

New Contributor

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply, I saw that question already.

I was asking for paid exam pratice sets.  I read in some of other posts that Cloudera offerred paid sample exam sets, so i thought of asking.

Thanks,

Sunil

Rising Star

Hi Sunil,

Cloudera no longer offers practice exams. 

Thanks,