Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Full turn-around time between Passing DSE 200 (test center) and entry into Challenge?

New Contributor

I love the topic for this challenge, and I'm guessing healthcare data won't pop up again for the next one. I have not taken the DS-200 test (I have taken the practice test, and have been preparing). If I take the test tomorrow and the initial results show a "pass", how long until I can enter the Challenge portion and have access to the full instructions, cluster, etc.? 

I know that the FAQ lists 7-10 days to receive your certification after a test, but it appears that the other ("written") tests actually provide certification. The DS-200 test applies to a different use case, so it's not clear that the FAQ addresses this question. 

Thanks in advance - I'm obviously working with a tight window here. 

As an aside (please let me know if this should be a separate question), it's been stated that "Some passed challenge one in 8 hours, some spent 40+ hours. " Does the 40+ number come from those who passed, or the whole group? I undrestand if you can't release the general motivation behind that latter number; if it's not a useful indicator without information that the Cloudera CCP:DS team is not comfortable releasing, just let me know :). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

yes, if you pass at the test center, send an email to certification@cloudera.com if you want us to validate it. We can do that and then you can buy in to the challenge "legally." And yes, scaleability is a condition, though it's somewhat built-in by the problem in that your solution necessarily must be scaleable to get close to accurate. I would need to ask the guys building the grading harness for more specifics.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Collaborator

if you pass DS-200, you can register for the challenge immediately. No waiting. We will shut down challenge submissions on June 30 at midnight but you have access to the instructions (there's no cluster) and data sets forever (download and keep them for your own fun and amusement).

The wide span in times to completion represent completions not pass/fail. I don't have an average as not everyone shared -- not everyone turned in a completed challenge. Some were working off their companies clusters -- on off an Oracle BDA -- so environment matters. If you're considering the challenge, I'd get into the Verizon Cloud beta (free cluster through June) and crank it up so you're ready to go.

http://beta.cloud.verizon.com/beta-program

New Contributor

Fantastic - and thanks for the great resposne time. Just to be explicitly clear: "Pass" means I complete the test at the testing site, submit my answers on the test computer, and receive my score at the test center, correct?

Thanks for the Verizon Cloud tip! I'd assumed we would get a cloud login to a cluster, so that's very helpful. Is scaleability used in the evaluation criteria for this challenge, similar to the first challenge (as described on the Web Analytics Challenge page)? I can't tell if the Challenge 1 Description and Objectives section reflect the original pre-registration description or a modified post-Challenge description.

Master Collaborator

yes, if you pass at the test center, send an email to certification@cloudera.com if you want us to validate it. We can do that and then you can buy in to the challenge "legally." And yes, scaleability is a condition, though it's somewhat built-in by the problem in that your solution necessarily must be scaleable to get close to accurate. I would need to ask the guys building the grading harness for more specifics.