New Contributor

How to Find Credentials and server:port for Cloudera Installed on VM with Cloudera Quickstart?

Hi, 

I am trying to follow the POC in the video here to connect Cloudera to SAP Lumira.

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/solutions/partner/SAP.html

I successfully installed the Cloudera Quickstart on a VM on my Windows 8 PC after downloading  the Cloudera Quickstart VM for VMWare Platform, and it successfully runs in VM player.

In the tutorial in the link above, it requires that I add the Cloudera username, password, and server:port. Where can I find what these are?

Thanks!

Kelly

Kudos: 416
Solutions: 295

Re: How to Find Credentials and server:port for Cloudera Installed on VM with Cloudera Quickstart?

Within the VM's context, this would be the VM's remotely-accessible IP (you can grab this via 'ifconfig' within the VM), and the 21050 port (used by JDBC connectors).

Since the VM is not setup for security by default, the username field can be set to whoever you want to run as, and the password can be arbitrarily anything (even blank, if its acceptable).

Ensure Impala is running OK, and the connection should work so long as the software can access the VM IP from the host OS.