Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to reconnect to a new deployment

Explorer

Had issues with connecting to original deployment of Cloudera+Tableau Live, hence killed it.  When I add a new cluster via GoGrid portal, I can not connect to HUE or Cloudera Manager.  How to go about, if you kill your cluster?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

The hashing algorithm has changed since then, but the general technique should work (and I thought it would migrate old hashes for existing passwords). I just tried this technique and it's working for me with newly generated hashes. This salt and hash should reset your 'admin' user's password to 'admin'. I would suggest you then immediately change it to something more secure since the port is open on a public network interface.

Salt: 7135628360540806339

Hash: 3a4e5ecfdf1a023e1302b7bef253de568357a995382702958517bbf238591101

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Explorer

Well, now I see some hadoop packages on the master node which were not there initially.  I am not sure the mechanics of deploying the server.  1-Button deployment is fine, but how long it takes to complete the deployment?  Somebody from ClouderaLive can throw some light.  Thanks!

Explorer

I just came to know that it will take more than 1 hour to deploy completely.  Will keep be back.

Explorer

Not able to login to Cloudera Manager via browser.  Password received via email is rejected.  May be I need a password reset.  What is the recommended way to reset?

Guru

>> I am not sure the mechanics of deploying the server

You will recieve an email when your virtual hardware has been provisioned by GoGrid, and you will receive a second email when all of the Cloudera software, example data, etc. has been installed on those machines. All told, this takes usually about 45 minutes, but has been known to take up to 2 hours when things are really busy.

>> Not able to login to Cloudera Manager via browser.  Password received via email is rejected.  May be I need a password reset.  What is the recommended way to reset?

I found a little glitch that if you're copy + pasting directly from the email, sometimes you copy some of the whitespace before the password as well, so you're entering a tab + the password. Can you confirm this is not the case by pasting into a text editor (Notepad or something) first just to verify what's in the clipboard, and that there isn't extra space being entered?

If that's not the case I believe there are ways to reset the password (as you can SSH as root into the CM server using the credentials in your GoGrid portal) but I will need to look around for the officially recommended method of doing so. There are some discussions on other forums on this topic but some of them are quite possibly outdated.

Explorer

I never got 2 emails, only one with passwords.  As I could see the login screen, I am hoping that resetting password will get me in.  I can SSH to the server and need to know a clean way of resetting CM password.  As suggested, I will look around to see if I can find a way.

Explorer

Cannot even get to HUE login after all these hours of deploying.

Guru

This is an archive of the official Cloudera Manager mailing list. I believe this is still the recommended way to reset your password:

http://grokbase.com/t/cloudera/scm-users/126ekek7kz/how-to-change-admin-password-in-cloudera-manager

Did you verify that there wasn't extra whitespace included in what you were pasting though? I found that was very easy to do on accident...

Also, I misspoke - you should receive 2 emails if you're using the 1-click deployment as part of signing up for GoGrid. Since you spun your cluster up from inside the GoGrid portal, it is correct that you only received the second email - the one with credentials.

Explorer

I did cut+paste into notepad and repeated the same to enter in the password field.  Also, I did maunally entered from key board.  I am going to follow your link and try to reset the password.  Stay tuned ....

Explorer

Suggested HASH and SALT did not work. The solution was from 2012 and for CDH4.  Still, there should a safe-way to reset the password.