Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to run Cloudera QuickStart VM on VMware w/s 8.0.

Explorer

Can someone post step-by-step instructions how to run How to run Cloudera QuickStart VM on VMware w/s 8.0 installed on Win7.

I extracted the tar.gz file and tried to open the the ovf file in vmware w/s but it was giving error - failed to open virtual machine: SHA1 digest of file cloudera-quickstart-vm-4.3.0-vmware-disk.vmdk does not match the manifest.

I created CentOS 6.2 VM and tried to boot from cloudera-quickstart-vm-4.3.0-vmware-file1.iso but it does not pick up the iso file!

Any help will be appreciated! I am windows guy and know very little about nixes. Thanks - AZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

failed to open virtual machine: SHA1 digest of file cloudera-quickstart-vm-4.3.0-vmware-disk.vmdk does not match the manifest.

The download could be corrupted. Re-download the VM.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Expert Contributor

failed to open virtual machine: SHA1 digest of file cloudera-quickstart-vm-4.3.0-vmware-disk.vmdk does not match the manifest.

The download could be corrupted. Re-download the VM.

New Contributor

When I tried to import the .ovf file in VMware Fusion 9.0 in a Mac Pro I received the error mentioned above. The built-in utility that unzipped and untarred the .tar.gz file apparently corrupted the manifest. I used 7-zip in Windows 7 and brought the folder back to the Mac. Fusion imported the .ovf file correctly.

Explorer

Thank you, dvohra! It worked. I had to download three times but it worked eventually!

New Contributor

I did the same thing and able to execute the ovf file, successfully imported the virtual machine. When I try to power on the machine, it gives me an error

"This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible. This hosts supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled...."

Used:-

Cloudera-quickstart-vm-4.3.0-vmware.tar.gz

VM Ware Workstation 10.0

7-Zip File Manager

Your response is much appreciated, please assist.

Master Collaborator

Sounds like you need to enable Intel VT-x in your BIOS?

And, consider installing VirtualBox and downloading the VM file for that. Seems to provide a better experience overall.

New Contributor

I hope it is ok to ask here what to do if I downloaded cloudera successfully (3.88 Gb) but did not find any .OVF file inside the zip file?

Guru
The VMware version contains a .vmx file - that's what you should open in
VMware.

Guru

Some tools do not extract files larger than 2 GB correctly. If you have not already, try extracting the archive using 7-zip.