Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I am not unable to import or use cloudera quick start vm 5.12 virtual box in oracle virtual box

New Contributor

Hi ,

I have downloaded cloudera quickstart Vms 5.12 for virtual box. However when I unzip(using 7-zip) there is no .OVF file. only cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk file exist. Why ths is happened. for 5.12 there is no OVF file exist?

I have 64 bit win7, 4GB RAM laptop

When I install through virtual box by selecting that .VMDK file I am getting error duing like below

Failed to open the disk image file C:\Users\USER\Downloads\cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox\cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk.

Could not get the storage format of the medium 'C:\Users\USER\Downloads\cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox\cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).

Result Code:VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005)
Component:MediumWrap
Interface:IMedium {4afe423b-43e0-e9d0-82e8-ceb307940dda}
Callee:IVirtualBox {0169423f-46b4-cde9-91af-1e9d5b6cd945}
Callee RC:VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80BB0001)

I am selecting type -Linux, vrsion -RED HAT 64 bit in virtualbox.

Could you please help me to use cloudera quick start vm? Your assistance will be appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Community Manager

I downloaded the virtualbox version of the 5.12 Quickstart VM to double check your results. After unzipping the download the OVF file was present so perhaps you had a corrupted download. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 8.26.51 AM.png

While I have you, I would suggest checking out our community article How to setup Cloudera Quickstart Virtual Machine for instructions on installing the VM as well as common issues people run into. 

I hope this helps get you started. 🙂

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.