Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is the Cloudera Live AWS Code single use?

New Contributor

For example, if the Cloudformation stack is deleted, can the same access code be used again or do we have to re-register for another?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru
You need to register for a new access code every time you deploy a cluster.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru
You need to register for a new access code every time you deploy a cluster.

New Contributor

We have been trying to test Cloudera Live, but the website and the process to request an access code is extremely elusive. There are links that all point to the Cloudera Live page where the user is expected to find a "form" to fill out - but there isn't one there. We had started a cluster, but had to terminate it and I am trying to find a way to request a new access code, which is extremely difficult if not impossible due to the way the site is designed. It is almost as if Cloudera doesn't want users to be able to test this !

Guru
The links to the form are in the form of the 3 buttons, "Cloudera
Enterprise", "Cloudera + Tableau", and "Cloudera + Zoomdata" at
www.cloudera.com/live. I agree that isn't as clear as it used to be - I'll
see if that can be updated soon.

To answer your question, Cloudera Live AWS codes are single use, but you
can register for new access codes.

New Contributor

Thanks. Just tried and got the form. It would be great if someone could make the forms easily accessible. If you notice, even though all the other webpages that link to http://www.cloudera.com/live mention about filling out a form/getting access none of these words appear on the actual page - "access", "form", etc ... all it states is what Cloudera Live does without explaining how to actually use it. It is possible that there are other users like myself, who having not found the terms would find it much easier to shift to a competing Hadoop product which might be more readily available to the end-user.