Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

No pipe sign in virtual machine using VirtualBox image and UK keyboard

For some bizarre reason, the key next to the left shift does not produce either | or \ as expected but < or > instead.

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion

try changing the keyboard layout in your virtualbox . it might work. and let me know if that works 

refer the screen. Ugtzh.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Champion

try changing the keyboard layout in your virtualbox . it might work. and let me know if that works 

refer the screen. Ugtzh.png

How do you do that?

In VirtualBox Preferences, I can change shortcuts but I can't see an option for the keyboard layout as a whole...

Cool, I think I found the answer...

The keyboard layout was a "client" problem rather than VirtualBox itself so I just had to switch from US to UK keyboard at the Linux side.

Thanks for your help

Champion

saw that you found the answer but werent you able to see the screenshot that i attached ? 

No, I did not realise it was a screenshot...

It just shows as a "weird" triangle icon

This is what I see (if you can see that...)

WhatISee.jpg

Community Manager

I fixed the image issue in this thread. For clarification, we have a moderation filter for images to help avoid spam posts on the community. The images were waiting for me to approve them but I need to look into your account @csguna. I thought we had removed that filter on Community Champion posts. Sorry about the delay. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Thanks

It's a lot clearer now! 🙂