Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Query on QuickStarts for CDH 5.12, Cloudera's CDH 5.13.1 and membership

New Contributor

Hi,

I want to know if QuickStarts for CDH 5.12 and CDH 5.13.1 are Free to intall and use, can someone please confirm? Also, please let me know if registration / membership with cloudera.com is free. 

Thanks,
Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

Registering for Cloudera.com is free and provides access to things like posting here on the community. If you are looking for access to the support portal or other areas your free account doesn't allow, I would refer you to the contact us page which will get your information to sales.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

Hi Raj,

If you look at the QuickStart VM download page you will see the following disclaimers which should answer some of your questions.

Can you further explain your question about membership / registration?

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor
Thank you for pointing me to the details. As per the text it looks to me that QuickStart VM is free to install and use. As a starter for exploring various Hadoop eco systems from learning perspective, I think the QuickStart VM will be good place to start with and good to know it’s free as well.

I wanted to know if having membership to the Cloudera site is free or not.

Thank you.
Raj

Community Manager

Registering for Cloudera.com is free and provides access to things like posting here on the community. If you are looking for access to the support portal or other areas your free account doesn't allow, I would refer you to the contact us page which will get your information to sales.