01-03-2014 09:01 AM
I am trying to run "teragen" program using YARN framework in CDH 4.5 but no luck.
What i have figured out till now:
1. By default Demo VM run the MR in MRv1 uses JobTracker and TaskTracker.
2. You can either run MRv1 or MRv2 but not both.
3. I disabled MRv1 and configured YARN by increasing the alternatives priority for YARN, deployed the Client Configuration (Using Cloudera Manager).
4. Submitted the teragen program and can see the YARN framework is in action from Web UI's.
5. But it hangs at Map 0% and Reduce %.
Tried multiple option to no avail.
Any step by Step guide or doc to execute MR in MRv2 (YARN) mode in CDH4.5?
Attached doc with screen shots.
01-03-2014 09:16 AM
01-03-2014 09:55 AM
As of now i just need to run a MR Application/Program in YARN for demo purpose. So, testeda sample program. Tried wordcount too but that too didn't move post JOb Submission. These examples run perfectly fine with Mrv1 mode in CDH 4.5.