Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Why CDH 5.12 quickstart VM download gives only the .vmdk file and not .vmx . It is causing me issues

New Contributor

I'm facing this issue that earlier worked with CDH quickstart VM 5.10. In version 5.12 I see only .vmdk file after I unzip the download using 7-Zip. During unizipping it throws error saying the file is corrupt or corrupt archive and the end result is just a .vmdk file. While mounting this file .vmdk VMWare throws a message saying 'Not a valid virtual disk file'. 

Could you please help? I don't understand why .vmx is not being sent in the available download. I cannot even download any previous versions. 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

To answer my own question - 

After a bit more digging into this I finally found the soltution on the developer's community itself. I wonder how and why I couldn't find it earlier. So, here it is -

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Hadoop-101-Training-Quickstart/How-to-setup-Cloudera-Quickstart-Vi...

1.JPG

You need a Download Manager extension to save your file from corrupting while downloading the Quickstart VM. I never faced this issue on 5.10, may be due to connectivity issues as the links says. I use Chrome so Download Manager extension on Chrome web store helped.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

To answer my own question - 

After a bit more digging into this I finally found the soltution on the developer's community itself. I wonder how and why I couldn't find it earlier. So, here it is -

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Hadoop-101-Training-Quickstart/How-to-setup-Cloudera-Quickstart-Vi...

1.JPG

You need a Download Manager extension to save your file from corrupting while downloading the Quickstart VM. I never faced this issue on 5.10, may be due to connectivity issues as the links says. I use Chrome so Download Manager extension on Chrome web store helped.

Cheers!