Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

YARN SLS

Explorer

Hello, I am using Cloudera VM for practice. I want to test the capacity and fair schedulers using YARN SLS. But I could not find the sls xml and scripts in the VM and was not able to find instructions on where to download them for testing.

If anyone has used it please guide me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

You can go here and download for a specific version : https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-sls/

The SLS scripts and config files are in the javadocs jar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

You can go here and download for a specific version : https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-sls/

The SLS scripts and config files are in the javadocs jar.

Explorer

Thanks Mario

Explorer

Hi Mario/All,

Am getting below erorr when I am trying to run Rumen which is required for YARN SLS.

java -cp "hadoop/*:hadoop/lib/*:hadoop-hdfs/*:hadoop-yarn/*:hadoop-mapreduce/*" org.apache.hadoop.tools.rumen.TraceBuilder /home/admin/nmakb/job-trace.json /home/admin/nmakb/topology.output hdfs://user/history/done
2015-03-24 04:45:16,693 WARN  [main] util.NativeCodeLoader (NativeCodeLoader.java:<clinit>(62)) - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
2015-03-24 04:45:17,602 WARN  [main] rumen.TraceBuilder (TraceBuilder.java:run(284)) - No job found in traces:

I have jobs info present in the job history folder. But not sure why its complaining and saying "No Job found in traces". Please help

New Contributor

I also had this problem. I was giving wrong input path. Please check your input path full location. it should be like this:

hdfs:///tmp/hadoop-yarn/staging/history/done/2017/03/11/000000