Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Accessing Impala views using Spring JDBC

New Contributor

Hello ,

I need some help with connectivity issues from Spring applicaiton to Impala views:

The configuration of the Datasource bean is being made as follows:

<bean id="customerDataSource"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
<property name="driverClassName" value="com.cloudera.impala.jdbc41.Driver" />
<property name="url"
value="jdbc:impala://<server_name>.com:21050/<database_name>;AuthMech=3;SSL=1;UID=<user_id>;PWD=<password>;CAIssuedCertNamesMismatch=1" />
<property name="username" value="user" />
<property name="password" value="pass" />
</bean>

However when trying to launch the applciation , the bean creation itself is failin with the following error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][ImpalaJDBCDriver](500164) Error initialized or created transport for authentication: null.
at com.cloudera.hivecommon.api.HiveServer2ClientFactory.createTransport(Unknown Source)
at com.cloudera.hivecommon.api.HiveServer2ClientFactory.createClient(Unknown Source)
at com.cloudera.hivecommon.core.HiveJDBCCommonConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.cloudera.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at com.cloudera.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(DriverManagerDataSource.java:173)
at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:164)
at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.java:153)
at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractDriverBasedDataSource.java:119)
at org.springframework.batch.item.database.AbstractCursorItemReader.initializeConnection(AbstractCursorItemReader.java:422)
at org.springframework.batch.item.database.AbstractCursorItemReader.doOpen(AbstractCursorItemReader.java:402)
at org.springframework.batch.item.support.AbstractItemCountingItemStreamItemReader.open(AbstractItemCountingItemStreamItemReader.java:139)
at org.springframework.batch.item.support.CompositeItemStream.open(CompositeItemStream.java:96)
at org.springframework.batch.core.step.item.ChunkMonitor.open(ChunkMonitor.java:115)
at org.springframework.batch.item.support.CompositeItemStream.open(CompositeItemStream.java:96)
at org.springframework.batch.core.step.tasklet.TaskletStep.open(TaskletStep.java:306)
at org.springframework.batch.core.step.AbstractStep.execute(AbstractStep.java:192)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.SimpleStepHandler.handleStep(SimpleStepHandler.java:137)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.JobFlowExecutor.executeStep(JobFlowExecutor.java:64)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.support.state.StepState.handle(StepState.java:60)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.support.SimpleFlow.resume(SimpleFlow.java:152)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.support.SimpleFlow.start(SimpleFlow.java:131)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.FlowJob.doExecute(FlowJob.java:135)
at org.springframework.batch.core.job.AbstractJob.execute(AbstractJob.java:301)
at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher$1.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:134)
at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:127)

Can someone please let me know what configuration needs to be changed to resolve this

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hi lara105,

It certainly should print out a better error message than "null". What version of the JDBC driver are you using

Cheers, Lars

New Contributor

I`m getting the same error while connecting to impala. I`m using impalaJDBC41 with JDK8. How can I resolve this issue, 

[Simba][ImpalaJDBCDriver](500164) Error initialized or created transport for authentication: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused).

Explorer

I encountered this kind of issues before. It helps if you can paste your JDBC URL string.

Do you run in a secured cluster? If not, you could try using AuthMech=3 and UseSasl=0 together.