Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Impala ODBC connectivity error

New Contributor

Hi, 

I have installed Cloudera Impala ODBC 64-bit driver on AIX platform. I have configured DSN in ".odbc.ini" along with authentication( used "Kerboros" auth) info.

I have exported ODBCINI and ODBCSYSINI variables in the environment. I am using Ab Initio to test the Impala database connection and getting below error -

ABINITIO(DB16000): ODBC Error
ABINITIO(DB16000): SQLCODE: 11560
ABINITIO(DB16000): SQLSTATE: HY000
ABINITIO(DB16000): MESSAGE: [unixODBC][Cloudera][ODBC] (11560) Unable to locate SQLGetPrivateProfileString function.
ABINITIO(DB00067): Current DB Environment:

Please advise on above error.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
Can you please provide cloudera.impalaodbc.ini file for review?

New Contributor
Can you please post the solution to this issue? I'm also facing the same while trying to connect to Impala using R

New Contributor

anyone has any update on the issue. We are trying to connect using impala odbc driver from AIX and facing the error.

ABINITIO(DB16000): SQLCODE: 1170
ABINITIO(DB16000): SQLSTATE: HY000
ABINITIO(DB16000): MESSAGE: [Cloudera][DriverSupport] (1170) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct.
ABINITIO(DB00067): Current DB Environment:

Community Manager

@manikala  as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: