Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Impala ODBC error with Power BI, though Kerberos

New Contributor

Hello guys,

I installed Cloudera ODBC Impala 64 driver and set it up on System DSN mode, in order to enable a connection between Impala and Power BI through Kerberos. So far so good, I was able to access my cluster and import individual tables to build my dashboard.

However when refreshing my dashboard (this performs a simultaneously import from the selected tables), I found the following error:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera] [KerberosSuport] (0) Error occurred during Kerberos library operation: Internal credentials cache error.

I have tried a couple of things based on google research, but so far have gotten no luck on that error message.

Could someone please help me?

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

found any solution for this?

New Contributor

Hi;   I have the same issue with our PowerBI reports as well.   We are using the 'Cludera ODBC Driver for Impala v2.06.05.1005; PowerBI May 2020 version; and Impala v3.2x / CDH 6.3.3.

[0] -1055784932: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][KerberosSupport] (0) Error occurred during Kerberos library operation: Internal credentials cache error
ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][KerberosSupport] (0) Error occurred during Kerberos library operation: Internal credentials cache error. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

I'm also seeing sporadic "Unexpected response" exceptions...

[0] -1055784932: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][DriverSupport] (1170) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct.
ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][DriverSupport] (1170) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Has there been any solutions?