Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Impala with haproxy and LDAP

Expert Contributor

Hi ,

I have configured impala with haproxy for load balancing ,also impala is configured with ldap .

but i am not able to connect impala using ldap .

this is haproxy ==> allwcc9hddn01.prod.com:21051

beeline> !connect "jdbc:hive2://allwcc9hddn01.prod.com:21051/default;user=abcd;password=abcd"
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://allwcc9hddn01.prod.com:21051/default;user=abcd;password=abcd
Unexpected end of file when reading from HS2 server. The root cause might be too many concurrent connections. Please ask the administrator to check the number of active connections, and adjust hive.server2.thrift.max.worker.threads if applicable.
Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://allwcc9hddn01.prod.com:21051/default;user=abcd;password=abcd: null (state=08S01,code=0)

whereas kerberos works fine . what could be the reason ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
Error visible at the client side is very high level. impala-shell could be used as follows to connect to a particular Impala daemon and test LDAP authentication. ------ impala-shell -l -u --auth_creds_ok_in_clear -i ------ Reviewing log file of above Impala daemon and a network capture with the LDAP server can reveal integration issues with LDAP server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor
Error visible at the client side is very high level. impala-shell could be used as follows to connect to a particular Impala daemon and test LDAP authentication. ------ impala-shell -l -u --auth_creds_ok_in_clear -i ------ Reviewing log file of above Impala daemon and a network capture with the LDAP server can reveal integration issues with LDAP server.