Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is Cloudera Impala part of CDH or Cloudera Express or Cloudera Enterprise?

Explorer

Sometime back I installed Cloudera express 5.1 using Cloudera Manager. I had installed it in two machines: One cluster in my office and another Desktop.

Imapala is not starting in both the machines. Is Cloudera Impala not a part of CDH 5.1.  There is a message at one place:

The following features are independently licensed from the core Cloudera Enterprise offering : Impala, Spark.

Does it mean after 60 days of installation of Cloudera Express, Impala will stop functioning unless Enterprise license is purchased.

If so, is there any way I can reinstall a compltely opensource version of Impala on Cloudera 5.1?

Thanks.

Ashok Kumar Harnal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Impala and Spark will not stop functioning. That warning is telling you that if you get a regular (not trial) cloudera license, then Impala and Spark are treated differently from the more "core" CDH components, and you need to make sure your license covers it otherwise you won't get support for for those services as part of your subscription. You can ignore that message if you're on a trial license.

CM won't ever disable usage of Impala or Spark, regardless of your license. This warning is just informational. Some of the Management Service roles will, however be disabled if your license expires. Monitoring is in the free version, other stuff is generally not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Impala and Spark will not stop functioning. That warning is telling you that if you get a regular (not trial) cloudera license, then Impala and Spark are treated differently from the more "core" CDH components, and you need to make sure your license covers it otherwise you won't get support for for those services as part of your subscription. You can ignore that message if you're on a trial license.

CM won't ever disable usage of Impala or Spark, regardless of your license. This warning is just informational. Some of the Management Service roles will, however be disabled if your license expires. Monitoring is in the free version, other stuff is generally not.

Explorer

Thanks. This clarifies the issue.

Very Very Sorry for not responding earlier.