Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ODBC Access from SAP BusinessObjects

Explorer

We have connected Impala to SAP BusinessObjects, using the latest ODBC drivers available for Red Hat.  We are running in to errors when we try to retrieve more than a very small amount of data.  We can get perhaps up to about 50Kb either by applying LIMIT=<small number> or being very restrictive in the where clause.  For example, on an Id column which starts at 1 and counts upwards we can get just over 8000 rows.  Folks using non-Business Objects methods to access the data have no problem.

This has been raised with SAP but I'd be interested to see if this rings any bells with anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I can't begin to explain why, but we switched our database account to one with more access...and hey presto it all just works.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

New Contributor

Can you tell me the steps you followed to make the ODBC connection from your BO server to impala.

We are struggling with it.

We are gettingt he following error.

[BO Server]$ isql -v <DSN NAME> <DatabseUID>

[S1000][unixODBC][Cloudera][ThriftExtension] (3) Error occurred while contacting server: EAGAIN (timed out). The connection has been configured to use a SASL mechanism for authentication. This error might be due to the server is not using SASL for authentication.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

We are using kerberos for hadoop authentication.