Explorer

bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

A bash script has a few impala queries, similar to this:
 impala-shell -q "use aaaa; select distinct fieldName from table" -o $OUTDIR/OUTFILE.txt &&

When I run this scrip manually it works no matter how many impala queries it has (or I did not hit a limit yet).

However when I schedule the same script via crontab then only first few impala queries run (I think nine), and the rest do not run.

Is there any limitation in the way I run it, any known issues? Perhaps limited number of impala connections? Any configuration tweaks that I could try? Any logs to check? I checked messages and cron logs (no errors). 

Thank you,
Alexei

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

Re: bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

Have you tried running 10 at once manually?

Explorer

Re: bash shell script with impala queries, possible limit of connections allowed?

Yes, even with more than 10, it works when run manually. So it seems as if something is either timing out or simply not allowing more connections?

Explorer

This topic can be closed. The problem was related to some subtleties in Linux environment. 

New Contributor

Hello! Can you please tell me what changes you did on the Linux environment to make it working? I have the same problem :( :(