New Contributor

hive-metastore instantiation issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am running on a pseudo distributed cluster with a single node. Yesterday I installed hadoop,hive, impala following the instructions in the CDH5 installation.

But now I just got this error while running query in impala

ERROR: AnalysisException: This Impala daemon is not ready to accept user requests. Status: Waiting for catalog update from the StateStore.

I checked the logs of catalogd of impala

org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient
at org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool$MetaStoreClient.<init>(MetaStoreClientPool.java:99)
at org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool$MetaStoreClient.<init>(MetaStoreClientPool.java:72)
at org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool.initClients(MetaStoreClientPool.java:168)
at org.apache.impala.catalog.Catalog.<init>(Catalog.java:103)
at org.apache.impala.catalog.CatalogServiceCatalog.<init>(CatalogServiceCatalog.java:163)
at org.apache.impala.service.JniCatalog.<init>(JniCatalog.java:104)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1562)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.<init>(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:67)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:82)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:73)
at org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool$MetaStoreClient.<init>(MetaStoreClientPool.java:93)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1560)
... 9 more
Caused by: MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided. Most recent failure: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:185)

The status of the hive-metastore says

* Hive Metastore is dead and pid file exists

Could you tell me what is the problem?

Thanks

Madhav

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

Re: hive-metastore instantiation issue

Is there any other log or information for why the Hive Metastore died?