Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hello my name is John I am a SA that is interested in all this big data stuff.  I had my first Hadoop SA class today and it was very cool.  It was my first expose to Hadoop so super excited for the course and what the future holds for me.  I'm all ready seeking out how to build a cluster in my house.  I have been in IT now for 15 years mostly all windows and storage engineering.  The last 3-4 years I have turned toward linux administration which has lead me here.

Claudias

Expert Contributor

I'm Ben Hemphill, I got my start in IT with Cerner 9 years ago straight out of college. I've been working as a System Engineer/Architect on HDFS, HBase, and many other technologies in the hadoop ecosystem for just over 6 years now.

I enjoy learning new things from wikipedia adventures and practicing a wide variety of skills, from woodworking to electronics to home improvement. To relax I enjoy watching videos, listening to music, and playing disc golf. 

I am Sufyan and i have been assiciated with data analytics in Telecom space for around a decade. Majorly i have worked on Data Warehouses along with BI/Campaign Tools on top. I am familiure with Data Warehousing solutions i.e. Teradata, Exadata and Netezza; supported several deployements in different roles i.e. Architect, PM, Consultant etc. Moreover I have experienced the journey of different BI Tools in the industry especially Business Obejcts, Cognos, Location Analytics by Pitney Bowse and OBIEE.

BIG Data being a hot topic in analytics domain has been adopted by my recent company where i have been looking into the solution as Domain Manager. We have deployed BIG Data setup with support of Cloudera as distribution engine. Though tools/components in BIG data space are not matured enough like in any engineered data warehousing environment but they hold excitement as well.

Its good to see this comunity where i expect to get some good/bad experiences around Clouera Implementations and some guidlines for future endeavors.     

Topics: 51
Kudos: 89
Solutions: 49

John, Ben, and Sufyan,

I'd like to personally extend a warm community welcome to each of you.  Wow, that's an extensive list of background you three have, we welcome your expertise here, I'm sure you'll be able to put it to use helping your peers or extending your careers in big data.  

John, good thing you got a head start on Linux stuff a few years ago, that's pretty important for hadoop.  I wish you all the best on your new adventure.

Thanks all for joining our community, don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

Regards,

Clint

New Contributor

Hi All, I'm Surya. I'm from development and support background. I started my career with Visual basic and classic ASP programming and then moved to Rapid development using Power Builder tool. Then worked on .NET 1.1 through 4.5 Until 2012. With the change in software market needs, I learnt Microsoft Azure, Linux, Weblogic and WebSphere Administration and Hadoop 1.x.

Out of the new skills, I found hadoop is more interesting with the features of commodity hardware, distributed computing etc. and choose that as new career path.

Presently I'm working as Hadoop Technical Consultant @ Teradata India. 

Great to have you join our community Surya, I think you've made a great
choice in a new career path. I made the leap to Hadoop and big data myself
almost 5 years ago and it's been the best move of my career. I wish you
all the best, I'm sure you'll find your peers in the community more than
helpful along the way.
New Contributor

I'm Greg and I've been working with computers in various capacities for about 30 years.  From computer operator, to hardware tech, to some programming and currently in a System Admin role.  My company put me into a Cloudera class that they taught themselves, I didn't get much out of it since it was geared towards developers and I'm more interested in the admin side of things.

Fast forward 2 years and now I'm being asked to look into getting the CCAH certification due to some upcoming contract bids.  That brings me here.

I'm starting from the basics, so hopefully I'll have some intelligent questions for you guys soon.

Great to have you here, Greg, I hope you find the information/knowledge you need this time around.  I know your peers will be helpful here in the community.

Best of luck, let us know if we can help!

I am in Windows and Enterprise administration Also support virtualisation and security.
Working for more than 13 years of experience in Finance,Banking,Manufacturing Retail and Insurance industry.

I am quiet new to Big Data and Cloud so forgive me if I ask some silly questions around.

I like to play music and roam around in spare time when ever I get time from family and office work.

Highlighted

Hello,

My name is Shakir Ali, I am currently in Brisbane, Australia.

I have been working on Distributed computing technology for last 15 years. I have been building, managing and supporting HPC clusters running on Linux for most part of my IT career. For last few years, I have been introduced to Apache Hadoop Technology. I enjoy working with Apache Hadoop eco-system projects.

I have been delivering Meetups on projects such as Apache Hadoop, Spark and Big Data in general,

and working as Technology Evanglist. I am interested in sharing my knowledge, through Big Data Consulting,

Corporate Training and ofcourse through Meetups.

I look forward to contribute and benefit  through this community at Cloudera !!

Best Regards

Shakir Ali.