Kudos: 112
Solutions: 60

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Welcome to the community @bhprashant11 and @Director. It is always nice to see such varied experience brought in by people such as yourselves.

Recently we launched a new page for those just starting with hadoop that we call Hadoop 101. Its a starting point that we hope to improve upon and eventually branch out to the different experience levels here in the community.

Thanks for joining!

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Dinesh, I am an aspiring entrepreneur from India. I am working on my own business model and felt that I could get my data analytics done in a easy way via Big data and decided to learn from the best. I am trying to setup and get a hands on experience with big data and its associated tools which would in turn help me with the certifications.

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm the VP of R&D for Treato.

I have been working with Hadoop since 2009. At first with Apache's dist and later on with CDH, after migrating from MS technologies (that was a good desicion...).

We are running Hadoop in production since since 2010, using it mainly for running our data processing components. Using Hadoop we have capabilites of processing 200M UGC posts per day, each going through indexing against our in-house built ontology + execution of 50+ NLP algorithms.

When I'm not working, I'm spending the time with my wife and 3 kids, camping hiking and playing the guitar.

Assaf

Kudos: 112
Solutions: 60

Welcome @vdineshk and @yardeni. Two new members in such different places in their experience is one of the things I love about community. Glad to have you both. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Visitor

Hello , i am senior systems engineer at cybraics.  I will be working on cloudera administration and security along with OS administration. Looking forward to work with you on cloudera . thansk kiran k.

Visitor

My name is Ram, I am based in NYC. I am interested in Big Data technologies.

My hobbies are reading, travelling and movies.

Visitor

My name is Mark Bradford and I've been in IT for about 22 years, ranging from computer operations in the military to Network administration to Unix/Linux Administration/Middleware. I have very little experience with Hadoop and have been tasked to make it DR ready. We have a second location that is about 250 miles away and we are planning on building a second cluster there, but aren't sure how to approach it. Thanks!

Hello
My name is Luuk Willemse, based in Hong Kong
working for HPE support and interested in understanding
what impacts the performance of a Cloudera system.

Looking forward to learn more about it.

Thanks.

Topics: 51
Kudos: 86
Solutions: 49

@Luuk@HPGTheDude@sriram.pachapakesan-1214163528@kandula,

Welcome to the community!  We are very glad to have you here and hope that you'll find your peers willing and able to help you with your big data journey!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am Massimiliano Martella and I'm studying Software Engineering at University of Bologna (Italy). I'm writing my thesis on Spark and BigData and I am really interested in business aspects of Big Data World.

Actually I started to study Scala as programming code to interrogate Spark with Eclipse environment.
I hope to found the correct response of my questions in this forum!

I am really happy to be here!

Announcements