New Contributor

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Mainly I would like to get more information about CCP Data Engineer and to form a study group.

Thanks

Explorer

Basically we can share ideas on how we can prepare best for the exam. Yes, you are right, all the line items are included in certification page. Lets say while going through those I get a question on the item "

• Convert data from one set of values to another (e.g., Lat/Long to Postal Address using an external library)". This I took from the certification page. Here I am thinking they just mentioned one example of 3rd party library to use. But there can be many other 3rd party libraries as well. It is not possible to get aware of all of them, right. How best we can prepare on this line item, can you suggest ?

Respected  Clint heath,
 Thank you so much sir.
I am currently learning Big data development -Hadoop and related technologies,from Acadgild.I am not working yet but I am an aspiring hadoop developer and ofcourse I want to be a good one.I have completed my Post graduate diploma in Information Technology.I am a Network Engineer and completed A+ and N+ from Pune University.I have joined the community with a vision to complete a certification in Hadoop(not yet planned in which technology).But I cannot afford the training and so I have joined the community to learn.

Thanks again.Hope you would help me in the path to certification.

New Contributor

Welcome DevS, I am new and I joined this community for the same purpose as you do...
Topics: 51
Kudos: 86
Solutions: 49

@DevS, very glad to have you join our community and I'm sure you'll find your peers more than willing and able to help you along your big data journey!  Thank you for joining and participating in our community!

Visitor

My name is Yesh,I am Working as Developer on Hadoop Platform, for the past 3 years. My Area of Expertise is Distributed Computing using Map-Reduce and Spark, and No-SQL Databases. i worked on HBase, MongoDB and Cassandra.

i started looking into Machine Learning and Statistical Models, so that i can be a DataScience guy soon.

New Contributor

Hi everybody!

Clint, thank you very much for the warm welcome e-mail last night. I am really impressed with the knowledge and experience of all you guys here.

I am a complete outsider to the tech world, got my Masters in translation/localization and teaching and have been working as a freelance translator/proofreader/editor for the past 18+ years. A while ago I started playing with databases and Hadoop and big data were the next logical step :-). So a couple of months ago I started a Big Data Specialization at the San Diego University of California through www.coursera.org.

Though amazed with the world of big data and what one can do with it, I am encountering difficulties on a day-to-day basis due to the lack of knowledge and experience in industry. The reason I have joined Cloudera Community is actually to pick your brains :-) and hopefully to be able to give back to the community some day. I am just about to post a kind request for help with running Hive queries in Hue and the missing logs.

As for my free time, I used to be a passionate sailor, tracker and recreational boxer. Three years ago I lost both my legs in a traffic accident, so now I am passionate about reading and learning everything I can get hold of :-).

Ivana

New Contributor

Hi Ivana,

Welcome to Cloudera community, we all learn together...:-) You are the great insiprication for me...once again welcome:-)

Visitor

This is Anand Tayalur, started my carrier with Unix Administration. Worked on Many Operating Systems like Solaris, Linux and AIX. i have been working as Unix Administrator from past 15 years.. Currently handling Hadoop Infrastructure.
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 62

Welcome @Anand@ivanakovac2015 and @vektor43. It is great to have you here. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum