Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Highlighted

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi All, I am Arun M Prasad, would like to introduce myself as Data Engineer. I did my Master in Advance Computing and have around 12 years of experience in IT industry. Worked in various domain like Retail, Education, Telecommunication and Banking and ran my start-up in Singapore. I was trained and certified as a Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop.

Highlighted

Visitor

Hi All, I am Saroj Kumar sahu, I am from India having 11 Years of experience on various technologies like Linux,Netapp Storage,Hadoop Administration,Windows,AWS etc. I have worked in various projects like Data Center operations to the production support and I have some experience of Technical teaching as well.

I am looking forward to work in the Hadoop Technology moreover Administration part.

Thank you so much!! Please help me in terms gaining more and more knowledge!!

Thanks and Regards,

Saroj

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

I am working on performance optimization for spark jobs in my workplace.

I have about 2 years of experience in BIG DATA environment and previously worked on Teradata platform for 14 years

Thanks

Sandesh R Gitte

Highlighted

Visitor

My background is in WINDOWS systems administration, Java development, application support and engineering.  I had about 9 years of experience in a wide range of industries, including pharma and finance.

I joined JPMC in 2015 as a support engineer and still working with them. I worked as Kafka SME and been working with steam analytics. 

You can find me on linkedin @https://www.linkedin.com/in/mahipal-reddy-7326362b

Highlighted

New Contributor

My background is in application and systems developer in application support and enterprise software.  I had about 2 years of experience in software and system developer governmental organisation.

I joined Cloudera in 2019 as a member for share my experience in Apache metron on the cloud community and also getting some information about metron from community members specially to know about elasticsearch and kibana data visualisation.

When I'm not working, I enjoy reading and and practice some video and photo shop. special I enjoy local movies.

Explorer

My name is Ravi. I am a Hadoop Enthusiast and have handson on CDH and HDP. I am HDP and CDH Certified. Interests : HDFS, HIVE, YARN, SPARK, KAFKA, HBASE, NIFI.

Regards

Ravi

Highlighted

Contributor

My name is Robin and certified Cloudera admin/developer and hands on Hadoop CDH and HDP as architect, admin and data engineer for last 8-9 years now.

Working on scala and python for ETL and ML/DL projects, found so much fun working with scala and python program.  

Always try to stay on top of the technology.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I have worked with HIVE/Impala through the HUE interface for 3 years with Financial Crime for Nordea, at large Nordic Bank.

Earlier I did implementation of a niche product - Infor CPM - for budgetting, financial consolidation and reporting. From a background in business I have been picking up more an more technical skills, SQL, VBA, Python .... 

Highlighted

Long time financial person over 40 years.  Have been a CFO/Principal at a retail brokerage firm, Sr. Financial Analyst, CFP(R) etc etc.  Now on write financial articles and humorous books.  Been following Cloudera since June 2018.  Think the company has turned the corner.  Here's my most recent article on the investment site Seeking Alpha https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/899867-steven-borovay-cfp/5383189-cloudera-to-infinity-and-beyond...

Appreciate feedback as the technology is above my pay grade and I like seeing the negatives to evenly weigh all factors on the direction of the company.

Highlighted

Visitor

In addition, I have been a professor at the University of Costa Rica for 10 years, I teach the Fundamentals of Databases and Database Administration courses.

I am currently developing Hadoop architectures for my company and DataScience processes with emphasis on Python and R.

My free days are spent with my children and wife, I like mountain biking and running. I like to read about science, technology and human history.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here