Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Highlighted

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am Eugenio and I work as Big Data Engineer in It eruo consulting in Italy. My background is Physics and IT and I am happy to be here to be usefull to other and to learn as well :-)

Highlighted

Community Manager

Welcome KDVijayGKhaledKamelKutaalaSuresh and 19ec85. It is great to have you all here. 

@19ec85 Which part of Italy are you from? Italy is high on my bucket list of places to visit since I have some ancestors from there. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi, I am from Reggio Calabria in the south of Italy , but now i work in Padua near Venice. Let me know if you plan to be here i will be happy to show some nice place.

Highlighted

Community Manager

Interesting I was told my Italian ancestors (Calfa) were Calabrese. I'll keep you in mind if I even make the trip. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

New Contributor

I'm a lecturer at IT department, Hanoi University of Engineering and Technology. Currently I'm teaching multiple topics related to cloud computing and big data.

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Welcome, @Mai, glad to have you in our community!

Expert Contributor

Hi guys,

My name is Tarek Abouzeid , i am currently working in SaudiArabia as Big data engineer for Ejada Systems Ltd. , we mainly focus on delivering big data solutions to Banking and Telecom enterprise , my team's main target is finding real life use cases from our customers pain points and try to solve them using the big data technology , currently i am working on the following :
1- Spark (using scala , for complex event processing and ETL )

2- Solr (implementing end-to-end solutions based on solr engine)

cloudera's community helped me alot along the past year to solve many problems and learn more about big data , thanks everyone . 

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Clint,

I have done My Masters in Computer science from India. I started working in cloud(hadoop) in 2011. I have devloped a project using Hadoop( "Iris REcognition on Hadoop: A biometric system implemetation on Cloud Computing") and also published an IEEE paper, based on this work.  After that I did some other research work on other cloud issues also like speculative execution etc. My main expereince is from academic background, but now I want to switch my carrer in Big Data. During this duration I have now all over knowledge of Hadoop eco system. 

Few months back I am moved to US. Now I am planning to appear for cloudera certification exams (CCA 175, cloudera apache spark and hadoop developer). I hope it will help me to enter in this field.

I will be really thankful to you if you have any suggestions or guidelines for me.

Thanks 

Shelly

Highlighted

Contributor

I was an Oracle DBA for about 19 years (10 years in the Oil & Gas industry, 4 years in the Finance industry and 5 years in the Telecommunications industry).

Experience with Oracle 8 through 12 on UNIX (Solaris/Linux).   Experience with SolarisLinux/True64/AIX administration, shell scripting, application support, enterprise software.  

I joined Contexti in June 2015 (as a Platform Engineer for our Big Data Platforms running Cloudera CDH).

I now work with CDH, Hue, Hive, Pig, Oozie and the myriad of Amazon Services (EC2, EMR, S3, SNS etc).

When I'm not working, I enjoy family life (Married with 2 young kids under 10).

I used to enjoy mountain biking, road cycling, running and swimming (but my kids have almost out an end to that).

:-)

Instead we now enjoy camping, fishing and PlayStation 4.

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Hello @aragan0000@fnushelly, and @ozzielabrat, welcome to our community!

We are glad to have you all here and we know you'll find plenty of peers in this industry ready to assist you in your new adventures in big data.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here