Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Highlighted

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Master Collaborator

@hughatoclc, welcome to our community!  That is quite an impressive set of skills and requirements you have, I hope you find CM suitable for the task.

"my favorite color is blue"  <---  LOL!  

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

This is Arun, and I have around 12 years of experience in IT primarily as a developer and a bit of DevOps as well.

I have worked on Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR platforms as a DevOps engineer.

I am happy to join this community and leverage your knowledge to work around the technical issues that I come across and as well as answer any technical questions based on my knowledge and experience with Hadoop platforms.

Highlighted

Visitor

Hi,

Myself a BI Consultant worked extensively in BI reporting, Analytics, ETL of SAP/Oracle and Tableau. I have hands on experience in Cassandra and Hadoop (RDBMS - SQOOP - Hadoop) and would like to get certified in Hadoop sooner, primarily looking for CCP Data Engineer certification.

During spare time i like to read books (biographies, philosophies) and also an avid photographer.

I am a member of many forums like SAP-SCN, Oracle, Stack Overflow, Business Objects, Cassandra etc.

Like other forums i hope i can learn and contribute freely.

Thanks,
Arun

Highlighted

New Contributor

Glade to join this community!!!

I am workig as Hadoop Admin from last 2 years.I have started my hadoop carrer with apache hadoop and thanks to Cloudera which make my life easy as an Hadoop Admin.Its very great experice with Cloudera I am working for finance domain.Where security is major concern however Cloudera help us to achive the same we have configured Kerberos,SSL,Sentry and Data Encryption on HDFS in our Hadoop Cluster.

When I was not working I enjoy with long drive and visiting new tourist  places with my friends and I loved horse riding and swimming.

Highlighted

Explorer

I'm happy to join the Cloudera community.  My name is David Webb and I've been in IT for 25 years as of this writing, starting out as a Windows programmer, continuing to SAP ABAP and functional, and now Hadoop.  I'm currently familiarizing myself with Scala and Spark, and with the IntelliJ IDE, while also learning how to administer a Hadoop system.

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Welcome folks!  Glad to have all your expertise join our community!

Highlighted

Hi.. This is Praveen here..I have recently changed my domain (from marine) to IT. I am fascinated by Big Data & analytics. I am trying to learn more about the HADOOP ecosystem. Was amazed to see the contribution from cloudera to make all this happen and keep this going. Thank you for all the expert knowledge..

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am Deepika, Senior Manager in Blue Canopy, VA. As I have 20+ years of experience in Database, would liked to extend my knowledge in BigData. I got QuickStart VM and learning on my own and planning to do Cloudera CCP Data Engineer. I would like to join the group who are also interested in getting CCP Data Engineer certificate. So that we all study and clear our doubts and at the end get our certificates.

Thanks

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Welcome @prvn and @hideepika, very glad to have you here!

Explorer
Hi,
I am also preparing for Data Engineer exam, Do we have any such group where
we can discuss on this ?
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here