Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Explorer

Basically we can share ideas on how we can prepare best for the exam. Yes, you are right, all the line items are included in certification page. Lets say while going through those I get a question on the item "

• Convert data from one set of values to another (e.g., Lat/Long to Postal Address using an external library)". This I took from the certification page. Here I am thinking they just mentioned one example of 3rd party library to use. But there can be many other 3rd party libraries as well. It is not possible to get aware of all of them, right. How best we can prepare on this line item, can you suggest ?

Visitor

My name is Yesh,I am Working as Developer on Hadoop Platform, for the past 3 years. My Area of Expertise is Distributed Computing using Map-Reduce and Spark, and No-SQL Databases. i worked on HBase, MongoDB and Cassandra.

i started looking into Machine Learning and Statistical Models, so that i can be a DataScience guy soon.

New Contributor

Hi everybody!

Clint, thank you very much for the warm welcome e-mail last night. I am really impressed with the knowledge and experience of all you guys here.

I am a complete outsider to the tech world, got my Masters in translation/localization and teaching and have been working as a freelance translator/proofreader/editor for the past 18+ years. A while ago I started playing with databases and Hadoop and big data were the next logical step :-). So a couple of months ago I started a Big Data Specialization at the San Diego University of California through www.coursera.org.

Though amazed with the world of big data and what one can do with it, I am encountering difficulties on a day-to-day basis due to the lack of knowledge and experience in industry. The reason I have joined Cloudera Community is actually to pick your brains :-) and hopefully to be able to give back to the community some day. I am just about to post a kind request for help with running Hive queries in Hue and the missing logs.

As for my free time, I used to be a passionate sailor, tracker and recreational boxer. Three years ago I lost both my legs in a traffic accident, so now I am passionate about reading and learning everything I can get hold of :-).

Ivana

New Contributor

Hi Ivana,

Welcome to Cloudera community, we all learn together...:-) You are the great insiprication for me...once again welcome:-)

Visitor
This is Anand Tayalur, started my carrier with Unix Administration. Worked on Many Operating Systems like Solaris, Linux and AIX. i have been working as Unix Administrator from past 15 years.. Currently handling Hadoop Infrastructure.

Community Manager

Welcome @Anand@ivanakovac2015 and @vektor43. It is great to have you here. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Hello my name is John I am a SA that is interested in all this big data stuff.  I had my first Hadoop SA class today and it was very cool.  It was my first expose to Hadoop so super excited for the course and what the future holds for me.  I'm all ready seeking out how to build a cluster in my house.  I have been in IT now for 15 years mostly all windows and storage engineering.  The last 3-4 years I have turned toward linux administration which has lead me here.

Claudias

Expert Contributor

I'm Ben Hemphill, I got my start in IT with Cerner 9 years ago straight out of college. I've been working as a System Engineer/Architect on HDFS, HBase, and many other technologies in the hadoop ecosystem for just over 6 years now.

I enjoy learning new things from wikipedia adventures and practicing a wide variety of skills, from woodworking to electronics to home improvement. To relax I enjoy watching videos, listening to music, and playing disc golf. 

I am Sufyan and i have been assiciated with data analytics in Telecom space for around a decade. Majorly i have worked on Data Warehouses along with BI/Campaign Tools on top. I am familiure with Data Warehousing solutions i.e. Teradata, Exadata and Netezza; supported several deployements in different roles i.e. Architect, PM, Consultant etc. Moreover I have experienced the journey of different BI Tools in the industry especially Business Obejcts, Cognos, Location Analytics by Pitney Bowse and OBIEE.

BIG Data being a hot topic in analytics domain has been adopted by my recent company where i have been looking into the solution as Domain Manager. We have deployed BIG Data setup with support of Cloudera as distribution engine. Though tools/components in BIG data space are not matured enough like in any engineered data warehousing environment but they hold excitement as well.

Its good to see this comunity where i expect to get some good/bad experiences around Clouera Implementations and some guidlines for future endeavors.     

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

John, Ben, and Sufyan,

I'd like to personally extend a warm community welcome to each of you.  Wow, that's an extensive list of background you three have, we welcome your expertise here, I'm sure you'll be able to put it to use helping your peers or extending your careers in big data.  

John, good thing you got a head start on Linux stuff a few years ago, that's pretty important for hadoop.  I wish you all the best on your new adventure.

Thanks all for joining our community, don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

Regards,

Clint

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here