Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

New Contributor

I'm Greg and I've been working with computers in various capacities for about 30 years.  From computer operator, to hardware tech, to some programming and currently in a System Admin role.  My company put me into a Cloudera class that they taught themselves, I didn't get much out of it since it was geared towards developers and I'm more interested in the admin side of things.

Fast forward 2 years and now I'm being asked to look into getting the CCAH certification due to some upcoming contract bids.  That brings me here.

I'm starting from the basics, so hopefully I'll have some intelligent questions for you guys soon.

Master Collaborator

Great to have you here, Greg, I hope you find the information/knowledge you need this time around.  I know your peers will be helpful here in the community.

Best of luck, let us know if we can help!

Highlighted

I am in Windows and Enterprise administration Also support virtualisation and security.
Working for more than 13 years of experience in Finance,Banking,Manufacturing Retail and Insurance industry.

I am quiet new to Big Data and Cloud so forgive me if I ask some silly questions around.

I like to play music and roam around in spare time when ever I get time from family and office work.

Hello,

My name is Shakir Ali, I am currently in Brisbane, Australia.

I have been working on Distributed computing technology for last 15 years. I have been building, managing and supporting HPC clusters running on Linux for most part of my IT career. For last few years, I have been introduced to Apache Hadoop Technology. I enjoy working with Apache Hadoop eco-system projects.

I have been delivering Meetups on projects such as Apache Hadoop, Spark and Big Data in general,

and working as Technology Evanglist. I am interested in sharing my knowledge, through Big Data Consulting,

Corporate Training and ofcourse through Meetups.

I look forward to contribute and benefit  through this community at Cloudera !!

Best Regards

Shakir Ali.

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @bhprashant11 and @Director. It is always nice to see such varied experience brought in by people such as yourselves.

Recently we launched a new page for those just starting with hadoop that we call Hadoop 101. Its a starting point that we hope to improve upon and eventually branch out to the different experience levels here in the community.

Thanks for joining!

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Dinesh, I am an aspiring entrepreneur from India. I am working on my own business model and felt that I could get my data analytics done in a easy way via Big data and decided to learn from the best. I am trying to setup and get a hands on experience with big data and its associated tools which would in turn help me with the certifications.

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm the VP of R&D for Treato.

I have been working with Hadoop since 2009. At first with Apache's dist and later on with CDH, after migrating from MS technologies (that was a good desicion...).

We are running Hadoop in production since since 2010, using it mainly for running our data processing components. Using Hadoop we have capabilites of processing 200M UGC posts per day, each going through indexing against our in-house built ontology + execution of 50+ NLP algorithms.

When I'm not working, I'm spending the time with my wife and 3 kids, camping hiking and playing the guitar.

Assaf

Community Manager

Welcome @vdineshk and @yardeni. Two new members in such different places in their experience is one of the things I love about community. Glad to have you both. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Visitor

Hello , i am senior systems engineer at cybraics.  I will be working on cloudera administration and security along with OS administration. Looking forward to work with you on cloudera . thansk kiran k.

My name is Ram, I am based in NYC. I am interested in Big Data technologies.

My hobbies are reading, travelling and movies.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here