Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Visitor

Tayseer is a lead consultant at Devoteam Middle East. He has 16 years of experience in consulting, business management, projects/programs management, and presales within Private and Governmental sectors within the Middle East business markets.

Tayseer is currently working with many clients in the kingdom, helping in having full transformation to deliver tier one and world class services to the consumers. Tayseer has hands on experience within multiple government and private sectors. He used to work closely with top executives in developing IT strategies and advising them to better achieve their entities’ objectives. He is an expert in running consultancy operations within cross-functional teams and managing the delivery of ICT projects.

Tayseer’s Functional Skills are in consultancy, business visioning, project management, data quality assurance, and business management, performance management, and balanced scorecards. In addition, He has considerable skills in requirement analysis, building RFPs, tendering, and evaluating vendors and technologies. 

As for the Technical Skills, Tayseer having over 16 years of a broad experience in all aspects of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technology and Performance Management (KPI, BSC), and he have been designing solution, building and supporting complex business intelligence systems. Although he have an extensive data warehousing technologies.

Major Projects that Tayseer participated in include:

• Program Governance, Saudi Tabadul Co. , Saud Arabia
  • Strategy Management, and Balanced Scorecards, Saudi Post , Saud Arabia
  • Developed Data Management Office Framework, Saudi Arabia.
  • Balanced Scorecard & KPI Automation, ANB, Saud Arabia.
  • Enterprise Data Warehouse Project, Saudi Customs, Saudi Arabia.
  • National Data Bank Project - Evaluation Phase, Central Department of Statistic & Information, Saud Arabia.
  • ESKAN & EJAR Business Intelligence Project, ELM, Saudi Arabia.
  • Cloud Computing Services, Go-to-Market Strategy, Mobily, Saudi Arabia.
  • Customer Care and Billing System Project, Orange Jordan.
  • Data Migration and Data Cleansing Project, Orange Jordan.
  • Enterprise Data Warehouse Project, Orange Jordan.
  • Revenue Assurance Project, Orange Jordan.

FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Business Development and Market Research.
- Business Transformation and Data Management Strategies.
- Business Roadmaps and Transition Plans.
- Implementing effective Balanced Scorecard process.
- Initiative and Leadership Character. - Project Management
- Tendering and Bid Management.
- Data Quality Management (Planning, Assurance and Control).
- Executive presentation and communication skills.
- Developing of BSC strategy maps, objectives, KPIs, targets & initiatives.

TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Technology evaluation (process and selection)
- System Integration
- Data Modelling and Data Architectures
- Predictive Analysis and Big Data - Business/Systems Analysis
- Business Process Reengineering
- Business, Solution, and Data Modeling using Erwin tools
- Data Migration and Consolidation
- Problem Solving
- Successful BSC Automation.

Tayseer ALHAJ, MBA
Principal Consultant | Data Management Strategy
Strategy and Transformation BU | Middle East

Explorer

Hi all. My name is Stevie, and I'm a DevOps Engineer who just inherited a CDH 5 cluster from a former employee, so I've been trying to ramp up. I took a 4-day course but as we all know, nothing beats real life experience. My background is in Linux and networking. In my current role I support an ad-serving platform with a mixture of open source tech like Kafka, Storm, Zookeeper, along with more standard fare like Tomcat, Aerospike, and Postgres. I hope to get feedback from folks who have experience with CDH as I work my way through the gotchas that are sure to come up (you know, like this past weekend when 18 datanodes suddenly stopped working). 

Looking forward to interacting with you all. 

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hello All,

I have been in data management space for about two decades using traditional data management tools and analytics. Based in North Carolina state in USA.

I am new to Big Data, Hadoop, and exploring the hands on. 

My interests are Data Engineering and Data Analytics.

I was browsing this community/forum, and finding helpful suggestions and comments from fellow members and experts.

This community has been an open forum to post questions and follow-ups which will greatly help and enhance the understanding  of cloudera Hadoop aspects.

I would love to share my thoughts and comment if the posts are relevant to my area of expertise.

I am pretty sure that I will have great learing experience here.  Looking forward to it.

- Hema Chepuri

Hema

New Contributor

Hema,

Glad to have you. I am also in North Carolina (Charlotte) started learning
Apache Hadoop including Spark (also Flink - currently in incubation). Been
through a few paid programs and free online videos including Cloudera
examples on their website. If you need any assistance or recommendations of
online training let me know. I will do my best to assist with resources and
learning. I have paid for my voucher, CCA175, currently studying and hope
to be ready to take in 2 weeks (20 hours of studying I've been told).

Regards,
Anthony

New Contributor

Hi,

I am currently working with PRGX as Technology Lead. I work on ETL tool Talend and Cloudera 5.7. I do mostly POC's to explore and find functionalities whether they suits for my organization. I am interested in Talend, Hadoop, Hive, Impala and Spark topics.

Thanks,

L Raghunath.

Thanks,
L Raghunath.
Highlighted

Contributor

# mario amatucci

## intro

used to work as bi developer with focus on etl... these days working with think big (teradata) on custoemrs data lakes (mostly nifi and some spark support and admin tasks when needed too

New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Monika Singh Chauhan, I work as a Firmware Developer. My company started to look at Big data stack for Analytics. I downloaded Cloudera and exploring it.

Currently I am working on how to run R script on Cloudera.

Excited to learn and understand how Cloudera works and how can we use it.

Thanks!

Contributor
hi Monika, loads of free videos and learning material here on cloudera and not only
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCakdSIPsJqiOLqylgoYmwQg

New Contributor

Hi -

Mark Teehan in SAP, Singapore. My team conduct proof of concepts on data - both database (HANA) and big-data (SAP HANA VORA, Spark etc). This is run on a combination of customer clusters, internal clusters and docker clusters on laptops. 

Visitor

see linkedin Raymond Desnoyers