Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Highlighted

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Contributor

So glad to join this Cloudera Community. I am big fan of Hadoop.

1. I have been working at IT field for last over 20 years, however, I am basically a Oracle developer, dev and prod DBA. Worked for few banks, like Wellsfargo, Citigroup, Worldbank etc. and Apple Inc. Currently I am working on a Ericsson/Tmobile project and setup Oracle RAC 11gr2, Data Guard, Golden Gate 12c etc.

2. I got my CDH4 administrator and developer certificate in 2013 and practice since.  Right now, I like to complete Cloudera Manager installation on AWS/EC2. and need use pig, hive and hbase for another potential projects.

3. I found some good tutorials online, and followed up. Anyhow, AWS/EC2 and Cloudera Manager are not easy get alone. Especially the hosts file. I am still working on it and need tips or samples of /etc/hosts file for this install.

4. Hiking, swimming, cooking and weightlifting are my routine. I do some oil paintings and fix my house like a handyman. I have finished 4 marathon in 10 years.

Please help, Looing forward to having more a lots info from this community.

My name is Robin Dong, base in San Jose, work all over US. like to be Big Data consultant in next few years.

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Thanks for joining our community, Robin!  Wow, you have quiet an impressive skill set and stay very active!  4 marathons, wow!  Congrats and welcome.   We're glad to have you.

Highlighted

Contributor
Thanks you, I am happy to have support from Cloudera community now.
I am waiting for help on my puzzle here.
AWS/EC2 and Cloudera Manager installation is stopped by /etc/hosts file. I like to see some real example of /etc/hosts for Cloudera on AWS/EC2. Can any one help.
Highlighted

Visitor

Hi Robi,

Coming to your question number 3, you can specify the private IP and private DNS name of the EC2 instance as below in the /etc/hosts file

3. I found some good tutorials online, and followed up. Anyhow, AWS/EC2 and Cloudera Manager are not easy get alone. Especially the hosts file. I am still working on it and need tips or samples of /etc/hosts file for this install.

[user@vm1 hduser]# vi /etc/hosts

172.31.29.64  ip-172-31-29-64.ap-south-1.compute.internal 

:wq! (save and quit)

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi,

I am working as a software engineer for the past 2.5 years, Basically i am .NET & SQL developer, one of our important client request for BigData solution for processing more than 100 Million CSV records, so i entered into Big data world (REALLY BIG WORLD) for past 6 months, I am still learning like student :)

I have done researching big data solution such as MongoDB (completely different platform than .NET & SQL), Google BigQuery (Excellent speed and output, easy to learn because SQL like queries, But costly). Once we are entered into BIG data world we can't able to skip the Hadoop. so i am working for past 3 months in hadoop tools (Hue, Hive, HBase, PIG, JAVA Map-Reduce etc...).

Initially i am really struggled to survive in hadoop environment (New tools including JAVA) but now i am really happy to here (community) i am learning as well as waiting for the big future too.

I am very passionate to playing chess learning form my DAD, now i am spending lots of time to play online chess in (Chess.com) apart from my job, i am not at all best i am still learning. :)

Thanks
Selvakumar S (Software Engineer)
Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Welcome to our community, Selvakumar!  Very glad you discovered Hadoop and Cloudera.

Regards,

Clint

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am Dinesh Kumar from Bangalore, India. I work for a American Multinational company. I have experience in Windows administration, Cognos Administration and Veritas Netbackup. Recentl got into the role of Hadoop Infrastructure. I handle a Technical Infrastructure team consisting of Cognos, BOBJ, Tableau, Teradata, MDM and now Hadoop. Been learning recently and trying to gather knowledge as quickly as I can. Been in touch with Hadoop for a few months now and am pretty excited about it. hope i will be able to gather knowledge and contribute suggestions here in this community. Thanks all.

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar S

Highlighted

Community Manager
It is great to have you here Dinesh and Skender. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

Visitor

My name is Mark Bradford and I've been in IT for about 22 years, ranging from computer operations in the military to Network administration to Unix/Linux Administration/Middleware. I have very little experience with Hadoop and have been tasked to make it DR ready. We have a second location that is about 250 miles away and we are planning on building a second cluster there, but aren't sure how to approach it. Thanks!

Explorer

Good Day ! 

I am Derez , A  seasoned Mainframe Programmer Analyst. I've been on the Mainframe for over 30 years. As technology is changing, I am now studying BIG DATA Hadoop. Not ready to retire just yet.  I live in the Chicago area but my home town is Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here