Intros and Suggestions

Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Master Collaborator

This is the thread for us all to get to know each other a little better.  Please reply to this topic with a quick introduction of yourself.  Include details like your background, what industry and job role you are in, what brings you to this community, what projects you are working on or planning, and any other interesting facts about you.

We encourage all our members to participate in this thread.  It can be a great place to make connections with other professionals, get ideas for new projects, or just enjoy a little downtime conversing with other big data practitioners.

266 REPLIES 266

Expert Contributor

Hello,

my name is Georgios Kasapoglou.

I am working as admin (not limited 🙂 ) and my involvement with CDH and Cloudera starts on 2012. I have designed and implemeted several installations in production environment and more in lab environment.

You can find my full profile in https://gr.linkedin.com/in/gkasap

I was not participating in community so much. I had another account using the company e-mail of my previous company. Now I work as a freelancer.

Regards,

Georgios

New Contributor
Hi This is Krishna, i am new to Cloudera.My background was am a BI developer and one of my project is migrating into Cloudera.
What ever i was developed in Oracle has to migrate into Hadoop,
Kudu is the Data base using as a source for reporting and analytics.

New Contributor

Hi All,

I recently joined the community to learn more about cloudera offering & strengthen my skills in big data & Hadoop.

Currently focusing on Implementing Hdoop offering in public cloud from multiple vendors.

Security & Network implementation.

Identifying & Troubleshooting issues.

looking for best practices and sizing documents for Implementing Hdoop services,Workers,gatway & Master.

I'll keep sharing my findings and Issues which I encounter.

New Contributor

Hi All,

I recently joined the community to learn more about cloudera offering & strengthen my skills in big data & Hadoop.

Currently focusing on Implementing Hdoop offering in public cloud from multiple vendors.

looking for best practices and sizing documents for Implementing Hdoop services,Workers,gatway & Master.

New Contributor

Hi All,

New Contributor

Hello everyone, I have a background in analytics and statistics, and want to learn what I can on big data possibilites (cloudera quickstart vm seems a good idea to start with).

New Contributor

Hi my name is Cesar Orozco and I am former data engineer at ministerio de hacienda a Colombian government institution. We started with Cloudera  CDH two years ago, actually I'm working on a project to migrate data infraestructure to Hadoop Cluster in order to boost collaborators productivity.

You can find me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/manotasce/

Well that’s it from me. Thanks very much.

Community Manager

A hearty welcome to our new members. I see that many of you are interested in increasing your knowledge. Another Cloudera source of information to check out is our Engineering blog for best practices, how-tos, use cases, and internals from Cloudera Engineering and the community

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

I'm senior software engineer and currently joind this new organisation where i got to deploy complete hadoop solution asd I was going though stacks comparision between Hortonworks HDP 3.0 distribution and CDH 6 distro, the versions are way beyond in cdh 6 than that of in HDP 3.0. We can improve over here way too much. Like they are providing Hadoop version 3.1.0 with Hive 3.0 and many more please do some thing about the CHD stacks and version.

Explorer

I'm senior software engineer and currently joind this new organisation where i got to deploy complete hadoop solution asd I was going though stacks comparision between Hortonworks HDP 3.0 distribution and CDH 6 distro, the versions are way beyond in cdh 6 than that of in HDP 3.0. We can improve over here way too much. Like they are providing Hadoop version 3.1.0 with Hive 3.0 and many more please do some thing about the CHD stacks and version.

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @cdhDev and thank you for the opportunity to address your concern. We actually have an article on the community that explains CDH components versions compared with Hortonworks. The version numbers alone do not tell the complete story of what is in a release.

I hope the article helps alleviate some of your concern.   

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Hi Folks,

I like to think of myself and an information guy. I started with Informix back in the day and started working with tools like crystal reports before moving to cognos and SAS.

I realised that the delivery of information was always critically pinned to the underlying data and inputs so I kept going back to the data, I became and Oracle DBA for a while before brushing up on programming and getting into Java.

I always liked open source and worked for a while on alot of open source-based tools like Jaspersoft and Talend before moving into Apache Spark and discovering "big data". 

Today I'm enjoying the wold of Cloudera bringing all the tools I like together and making it quicker and easier to bring data in and make information available to the people that need it.

I am active int he Melbourne Java User Group and feel engaged in the Melbourne Scala Group as well. I have done a range of projects in Python and R which are both great languages, but the JVM feels like home.

New Contributor

Hi there!

Feels great to be party of the mighty Cloudera! here's my quick intro:

Qualification : Bachelor of Engineering(Chennai|India)

IT Industry Experience : 5.4 years as of September 2018

Areas of Interest : Big Data Engineering & solutions

Skillset : HDFS, MR, Pig, HIve, Kafka, Storm, Hbase, Spark

Curent Role : Technology Analyst @ Infosys Limited

Delivered 2 enterprise projects so far using BD techs,

1. System to generate Purchase Pattern & Fraud Detection reports for a Retail Client using Hive for analysis, Hbase for data enhancement, Sqoop for report export and Oozie for scheduling

2. Taxation portal of a country - used Kafka Cluster messaging, Storm processing and Hbase as tech stack.

Hobbies:

1. Exploring the processing & analystical features of various BD techs.

2. Reading, Travelling & Tri-athlete.

3. Developing miscellaneous apps on Android Studio

Explorer

大家好,我来自中国。刚接触hadoop两年时间。主要负责大数据集群的运维工作。欢迎多多交流。

Community Manager

Welcome @zbz,

Since this is an english speaking forum, allow me to post the translation of your message. Hopefully google got it right. 

@zbz wrote:

Hello everyone, I am from China. Just contacted hadoop for two years. Mainly responsible for the operation and maintenance of big data clusters. Welcome a lot of exchanges.

New Contributor

I'm Abdoulaye you call me abdoul, a student in big data. Data is my journey.

New Contributor
I’m Abdoulaye, you can call me Abdoul. Im studying big data at Paris.

New Contributor

Hello guys,

I am an IT engineer. I used to little manage an old Cloudera 5.4.4. But now I must install a new 6.1.0 one.

Perhaps transfering the data after. It's an other story.

For those who think I write a little strangely, it's because I'm french.

regards

Alain

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @aalexand and @abdoul.

@aalexand, I didn't find your English strange at all. I spoke to another person a couple of years ago that was on an old version of CDH. I want to say it was 5.4 but they were building their own updates. I would be interested to hear about which path you eventually choose.  

New Contributor

Hello cyjervis,

Thanks for the welcome. ow I try to install the version 6.1.0 on new servers and changing the structure. Working with an edge server.

Regards

Alain

Visitor

My name is Stefano and I have almost 40 years' professional experience in the Information Technology, 7 of which gained in a large multinational company,  the remaining spent working in important local businesses. My main skills relate to the activities involved in the governance of business areas and managing complex projects with key customers. In both these areas I have held responsibility for coordinating Project Managers and operational resources. In addition to taking account of budgetary controls, I have also contributed to increasing customer intimacy and to highlighting newly emerging business opportunities. In order to never lose sight of the technical side of my business, which is part and parcel of my profession, I keep myself updated on industry news and trends both by visiting vendors and by participating in trials or technical update conferences. I frequently provide support to the marketing department in order to ensure customer satisfaction monitoring the quality of the solution offered avoiding inadequate or impossible solutions. The added value of this technical and commercial experience lies in my ability to put in place all the delivery assurance measures necessary to prevent the management of criticalities related to imprecise offerings, and to highlight any situations that may be problematic from a planning or financial point of view. Currently I took on the role of Alliance and Partnership Manager.