Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Contributor

My name is Robin and certified Cloudera admin/developer and hands on Hadoop CDH and HDP as architect, admin and data engineer for last 8-9 years now.

Working on scala and python for ETL and ML/DL projects, found so much fun working with scala and python program.  

Always try to stay on top of the technology.

I have worked with HIVE/Impala through the HUE interface for 3 years with Financial Crime for Nordea, at large Nordic Bank.

Earlier I did implementation of a niche product - Infor CPM - for budgetting, financial consolidation and reporting. From a background in business I have been picking up more an more technical skills, SQL, VBA, Python .... 

Long time financial person over 40 years.  Have been a CFO/Principal at a retail brokerage firm, Sr. Financial Analyst, CFP(R) etc etc.  Now on write financial articles and humorous books.  Been following Cloudera since June 2018.  Think the company has turned the corner.  Here's my most recent article on the investment site Seeking Alpha https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/899867-steven-borovay-cfp/5383189-cloudera-to-infinity-and-beyond...

Appreciate feedback as the technology is above my pay grade and I like seeing the negatives to evenly weigh all factors on the direction of the company.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here