Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Master Collaborator

Welcome to our community, Selvakumar!  Very glad you discovered Hadoop and Cloudera.

Regards,

Clint

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am Dinesh Kumar from Bangalore, India. I work for a American Multinational company. I have experience in Windows administration, Cognos Administration and Veritas Netbackup. Recentl got into the role of Hadoop Infrastructure. I handle a Technical Infrastructure team consisting of Cognos, BOBJ, Tableau, Teradata, MDM and now Hadoop. Been learning recently and trying to gather knowledge as quickly as I can. Been in touch with Hadoop for a few months now and am pretty excited about it. hope i will be able to gather knowledge and contribute suggestions here in this community. Thanks all.

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar S

Community Manager
It is great to have you here Dinesh and Skender. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Visitor

My name is Mark Bradford and I've been in IT for about 22 years, ranging from computer operations in the military to Network administration to Unix/Linux Administration/Middleware. I have very little experience with Hadoop and have been tasked to make it DR ready. We have a second location that is about 250 miles away and we are planning on building a second cluster there, but aren't sure how to approach it. Thanks!

Explorer

Good Day ! 

I am Derez , A  seasoned Mainframe Programmer Analyst. I've been on the Mainframe for over 30 years. As technology is changing, I am now studying BIG DATA Hadoop. Not ready to retire just yet.  I live in the Chicago area but my home town is Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  

hi..

I am a sales executive and want to shift my career in hadoop.so help me out and give some information that i can follow to get a good knowledge and got a job.

New Contributor

I am a software developer and Data Scientist just starting to delve in big data. Now setting up Hadoop eco system for the company I have just joined. 

Looking forward to all the support and tricks offered by the community... 

New Contributor

I am Mobin Ranjbar and I have been studying Software Engineering. I am a big data evangelist and I am really interested in business aspects of Big Data World as I am a mentor of Lean Startup Method.

I really love Cloudera and I have contributed in one of its project called 'Hue'. Actually I started my big data journey by installing Cloudera Quick Start VM.

We have also our own Hadoop cluster running and we are using Hue as our web interface.

I am really happy to be here.

Community Manager
Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your background Mobin. It is always nice to hear how people get started with Hadoop, especially when it is via Cloudera's Quick Start VM. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Shiv, I work as a Architect. We are just started to look at Big Data stack for our Analytics Business cases. I downloaded cloudera starter VM and exploring it.

Excited to learn and understand how cloudera works and how we can use it. 

Thanks!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here