Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Highlighted

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

hi..

I am a sales executive and want to shift my career in hadoop.so help me out and give some information that i can follow to get a good knowledge and got a job.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I am a software developer and Data Scientist just starting to delve in big data. Now setting up Hadoop eco system for the company I have just joined. 

Looking forward to all the support and tricks offered by the community... 

Highlighted

New Contributor

I am Mobin Ranjbar and I have been studying Software Engineering. I am a big data evangelist and I am really interested in business aspects of Big Data World as I am a mentor of Lean Startup Method.

I really love Cloudera and I have contributed in one of its project called 'Hue'. Actually I started my big data journey by installing Cloudera Quick Start VM.

We have also our own Hadoop cluster running and we are using Hue as our web interface.

I am really happy to be here.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your background Mobin. It is always nice to hear how people get started with Hadoop, especially when it is via Cloudera's Quick Start VM. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Shiv, I work as a Architect. We are just started to look at Big Data stack for our Analytics Business cases. I downloaded cloudera starter VM and exploring it.

Excited to learn and understand how cloudera works and how we can use it. 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Welcome to the world of Hadoop, and thank you for choosing Cloudera, @ShivK

We look forward to helping you along your big data journey!

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Clint,

I'm Pranati having 8 years of experience in Microsoft Technologies which is mostly C# with .NET. I started getting a keen interest in Big Data using Hadoop and I took the risk of taking a break of a month or two to learn more about the same.

I even wanted to give Cloudera Certification to take my first baby step in this world. 

Regards,

Pranati

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Pranati,

I hope you find vast rewards in your new adventure with big data!  Welcome to our community, we hope to assist you on your journey!

Regards,

Clint

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Clint,

I'm Ravi, having 8 years of experience in Oracle technologies like SQL,PL/SQL,Oracle forms and reports, oracle apex. My secondary skills are Unix, shell scripting. Currently I have started working on Hadoop for one client. We are planning to provide hadoop as a replacement for one processing module.

I am really happy to join cloudera community and looking forward to it in trems of knowledge sharing.

Thanks,

Ravi

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi! after reading past replies I'll just wing my introduction. 

I am a newbie in big data currently using the quickstart of cloudera in a virtual machine. I'd love to code someday an app connecting to each services that cloudera has, (PIG, HIVE, IMPALA, etc.)

Currently I am working on how to schedule a impala job through oozie. But I encounter a hickup and hope to find some enligthenment on the community.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here