Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Job role switch

Job role switch

Hello All,

I am an Oracle DBA with 10 years of relevant experience and 16 years overall experience. I am always interested being an invididual contributor on the technical front while my experience also demands me to drive the team or any implementation.

I am more interested to get into the trending technology and especially on Hadoop Administration. I have started reading online documents, videos and planning for certification as well while setting up my own lab on Hadoop Ecosystem for learning purpose.

Being an experienced DBA, I don't see an  opportunity to work or have hands-on on the Hadoop Administration. Was trying to switch the role even in my organization internally but it didn't help. Are there really chances that I could get into Big Data administration. I am ready to put in all my effort for certification but I am wondering how could I get into the real time hands-on Hadoop Administration.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Regards,

Antony

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Job role switch

Champion

Antony 

Are there really chances that I could get into Big Data administration ? 

Yes I am the example I am an Oracle Dba as well with 10g :) certification . Previously was a Java Developer . 
Nothing should stop you to pursuing another role .if you have already completed your cloudera hadoop certification then you should be able to land in a job very easily. please ping me in direct message I should be able to refer few of the opening  if you are interested. 

Re: Job role switch

Thanks Guna !!