Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I want to install apache ranger with cloudera. Can you please suggest the steps to install the same.

I want to install apache ranger with cloudera. Can you please suggest the steps to install appache ranger with cloudera. We want hive dynamic column redaction.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@ArunAppathurai,

Hi,

I moved the post to the Sentry Community Board so we could get those with more expertise in this area looking at your post.

Cloudera does not support Ranger at this time, so I am hoping you can explain your goals and the community may be able to find a way via Sentry.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

@ArunAppathurai,

Hi,

I moved the post to the Sentry Community Board so we could get those with more expertise in this area looking at your post.

Cloudera does not support Ranger at this time, so I am hoping you can explain your goals and the community may be able to find a way via Sentry.

New Contributor
Can you post the link where you move the question, would like to know the answer

Master Guru

@Mahi329,

You found it.  The original post was in Cloudera Manager's community so I moved it to Sentry Community to focus more on the need.  Ranger is not part of CDH and I don't know that it can be integrated with CDH but this is a bit outside my expertise.

Cheers,

Ben

New Contributor

Based on the latest news and this article, Apache Ranger will replace Sentry in the next CDP (the new version of Cloudera Hadoop after they merged with Hortonworks): Ranger will be pushed in detriment of Sentry, but some of the features from Sentry will be integrated in later Ranger versions.

We're months away from the release.