Contributor

Sentry HA Configuration on CDH 5.5.2

Hi All,

I was trying to enable sentry synchronization with hdfs but i am getting error :

Unless Sentry HA is enabled, the Hive service must have exactly one Hive Metastore role when HDFS/Sentry synchronization is enabled, but 2 Hive Metastore Server roles are present. Consider enabling Sentry HA, which is supported in CDH 5.4+.

Any one know how to make Sentry HA using Cloudera Manager. We are on CDH 5.5.2

-Somu

Cloudera Employee

Re: Sentry HA Configuration on CDH 5.5.2

Hi Somu,

Currently Sentry HDFS Sync is not supported with HMS HA, it is on the road map but still not finished.

I do NOT recommend you to go with enabling Sentry HA.

Thanks

Contributor

Eric,

Thank You for your reply. I also invesiated furher and found Sentry HA has not been certified yet. Now my question is We have we have two hive metastore is running for which i am not able to sync hdfs permission with sentry.

Cloudera document says for 

Synchronizing HDFS ACLs and Sentry Permissions

• The Hive service must have exactly one Hive Metastore role (that is, High Availability should not be enabled).

How to disable one hive metastore in our cluster using cloudera manager so that i can enable synchronizing HDFS ACLs and Sentry Permission? 

-Somu

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

would using a clusterd 'metastore' ensure HA  beyond having to have 2 distinct databases.. why not just have a HA metadatabase.. (we are using a clustered PG dbms)?  

Or has this been delt with..  the comment here are somewhat stale.

we are on 5.10.1 now.. and this is thread from several verison ago..

Thoughts? 

Announcements