Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to access HDFS after enabling kerberos

Contributor

Hi,

I'm unable to access HDFS after enabling Kerberos authentication in my cluster. My namenode is in safe mode and is throwing out the below error when trying to execute leave safemode command.

PFB the error details:

Failed to leave Safemode: at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:230)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy17.setSafeMode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.setSafeMode(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:647)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:256)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:104)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy18.setSafeMode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setSafeMode(DFSClient.java:2606)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setSafeMode(DistributedFileSystem.java:1132)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setSafeMode(DistributedFileSystem.java:1116)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.DFSAdmin.setSafeMode(DFSAdmin.java:571)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.DFSAdmin.run(DFSAdmin.java:1793)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.DFSAdmin.main(DFSAdmin.java:1967)
16/08/28 00:34:51 WARN security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:hdfs/<hostname>@SPARTA.COM (auth:KERBEROS) cause:java.io.IOException: Couldn't setup connection for hdfs/<hostname>@SPARTA.COM to <hostname>/<ip-address>:8020
safemode: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Couldn't setup connection for hdfs/<hostname>@SPARTA.COM to <hostname>/<ip-address>:8020; Host Details : local host is: "<hostname>/<ip-address>"; destination host is: "<hostname>":8020; 

Thanks,

Cibi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi harsh,

The issue was with JCE files, i updated them in the wrong location instead of /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/security/.

Once i have updated the JCE files in the above location, now i'm able to access HDFS.

Thanks for the Help!

Regards,

Cibi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mentor
Could you tail and check your NameNode log to observe what it prints as a security error when you attempt this request on it?

Does your command use the same JVM (with unlimited JCE jars installed if applicable) as the server does?

Contributor

Hi harsh,

The issue was with JCE files, i updated them in the wrong location instead of /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/security/.

Once i have updated the JCE files in the above location, now i'm able to access HDFS.

Thanks for the Help!

Regards,

Cibi