New Contributor

Error with Hbase Storage at PIG

[ Edited ]

Hi,

im using CDH 5.1 and store my PIG Results on Hbase. I get the following Exception at the Recue step. All required libs are Registered? Thx for any Help :(

2014-07-27 21:48:34,134 ERROR [htable-pool1-t3] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.AsyncProcess: #1, Caught throwable while calling. This is unexpected. Retrying. Server is example.com,60020,1406497554826, tableName=mytable
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not implemented
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:187)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.AsyncProcess$1.run(AsyncProcess.java:534)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not implemented
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.KeyValue.getTagsLength(KeyValue.java:2579)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.toMutation(ProtobufUtil.java:1110)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.toMutation(ProtobufUtil.java:1088)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.RequestConverter.buildRegionAction(RequestConverter.java:526)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MultiServerCallable.call(MultiServerCallable.java:96)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MultiServerCallable.call(MultiServerCallable.java:50)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:179)
	... 6 more

Kudos: 431
Solutions: 302

Re: Error with Habse Storage at PIG

Please re-check your installation. Ensure that no 5.0 packages remain
on the cluster. The method where it says "Not implemented" is the
state of 5.0, but the method is implemented in 5.1. So if you are
using 5.1 across the whole cluster, it is bound work, but if you have
your Pig and HBase client using 5.0 then it will run into this error.

Code ref: 5.0: https://github.com/cloudera/hbase/blob/cdh5.0.0-release/hbase-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop...
Code ref: 5.1: https://github.com/cloudera/hbase/blob/cdh5.1.0-release/hbase-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop...

New Contributor

Re: Error with Habse Storage at PIG

[ Edited ]

Hi, thx a lot. I found that there are old libaries where not updated with the Parcel Update from 5.0.2 -> 5.1.0?

"/usr/share/cmf/lib/cdh5/"

How can i update the libaries with CM for the entire Cluster?

Thx a lot :)

Announcements